Translate

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday mornings



Jack


Sunday morning here.  I really like Sunday mornings... not sure why. It could be that it's the one morning in the week that I don't have to do anything.  You would think that now that we're retired every morning would be like that, wouldn't you? But even though 'the job' is no longer looming,  there are things that still need doing, errands to run, projects to get done, etc.  And since we're both 'morning people', we tend to try to get it done early... leaving the afternoon for that 'coverted nap' or possibly just sitting with a book and a cup of hot tea. It's taken me 66 years to have the time and freedom to do this and I'll defend my right to do this to the death (physically and literally). Weird, huh? I wonder if others feel this way?  Or is it just me?

Some Sunday mornings we go for breakfast, but since we were out with friends last night, we won't do this today. Meeting old friends that one hasn't seen in a while is always fun.  It's odd, we've all grown older and a little grayer but things fall in place like they always did, and it's like no time has passed at all. Magic.

BTW, I do believe in magic.  It's one of those things that make me me.  And even though I can't explain it,  I know it exists (or maybe I should say that it exists if you choose to believe). People get so caught up with semantics.  For me it's that feeling you get when you were a child on Christmas Eve (you could feel the magic in the air), or when you saw your baby smile for the first time...    it's those moments where the universe shifts... and nothing is ever the same again. 

Well, this can't be long today as I need to do some cooking a little later. We're grilling tonight and I promised to make some bread pudding with whiskey sauce for dessert.



Cats helping me get things together


4 comments:

  1. I. Love. Bread. Pudding.

    Wish I could teleport over and do a taste-test, for quality control purposes of course.

    -Kim from Musings on a Small Life (also Fuzzy Tales, the cat blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I do too! It's my all time favorite dessert... right up there with a good chocolate pie. Unfortunately not all bread puddings and chocolate pies live up to their hype. This one (I just tasted it)is pretty darn good. I put fresh peaches in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for signing up to follow sixtyfivewhatnow. I started the blog when I first retired, and have met so many wonderful friends through this medium.
    Welcome to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosaria. I think that retirement is an adventure that needs documenting. And sharing the adventure is part of the fun.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...