Translate

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

a surprise gift...


a gift


Good Morning!  It's 7:30 Tuesday morning and I'm up and about -  drinking my coffee and reading blogs. Life is good.  The cats and I had a early morning 'get together' by the Aga at about 3 am. Occasionally I awake around this time (must be age?) and if I can't go back to sleep, I head for the Aga and a cup of warm milk or tea. The cats are always sleeping on the small rag rug there (my DIL crochets these),  so I just join them.  With a cup of something hot in my hands, a warm stove at my back, and purring cats lying across and beside me, I am content.

My son brought me an unexpectant gift yesterday. Aren't they the best kind?  I had mentioned that I liked and owned a few Annalee dolls - mostly small Christmas and holiday elves.  Apparently he remembered this and thus, the picture above. Wasn't that sweet?

New grandbaby is due anytime. We're all waiting expectantly! Other grandkids are 14, 11, and 5... so, it's been a while since we've had a new baby around. We know it's a little girl, and we know her name is Aoife (pronounced EEf-fa - long E).  I'm told the name is Gaelic and means 'princess warrior'.


PS: Today the check spelling part of my blogger isn't working???


16 comments:

  1. That was sweet of your son. A lovely surprise indeed.

    Aoife -- I have an image of her growing up and being like "Xena, Warrior Princess." LOL. (Used to love that show, Lucy Lawless was smokin' hot. And I'm straight!) Uh, but I digress.

    Anyway, fingers crossed for an easy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my son is picturing her this way also. We shall see soon enough...

      Delete
  2. Your right, Rian.. unexpected gifts are a delightful treasure. How wonderful of your thoughtful son to remember what you enjoy.
    Be well and Happy ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet surprise gift. The image of you by the stove with a warm drink and the cats at your feet is exceptionally cozy. I have Aga envy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olga, you live in Vermont, right? You sure could use an Aga! It keeps my kitchen delightfully warm.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful name for a baby! My son is named Quin, also a gaelic name and spelling. It means wisdom and reason. He is a wise person. :)

    And what a lovely, sweet surprise gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "What a beautiful name for a baby!"

      We think so... although she may have to spell it for everyone. However, I think they're considering Erin as her middle name (which is easier).

      Delete
  5. I love gaelic names, but none of my kids or grandkids have them. It'll be nice to have a new baby to cuddle, our youngest grand is now 6, so a while for us too.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting that a new little princess will soon be in your arms. An expectant gift is always fun but to receive it from a son makes it a treasure.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dee... a 'warrior princess' if her name is true.

      Delete
  7. How wonderful you son remembered that you like the elfs, what a wonderful name for your new grand daughter when she is born, I am sure folks will have a time with the spelling, give them something to think about. I am wondering what the aga is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, spelling and pronunciation for Aoife could be difficult.

      As for the Aga, I will post a picture soon. But you can google it. I had to do this years ago when an online friend in England kept talking about how he missed his old Aga.

      Delete
  8. What a thoughtful pressy ...and from a son ...they will look such fun at Xmas.
    I have always wondered how you spell that name ...it is beautiful ...but hard for anyone, including the child, to spell ...maybe its just me lol xx
    Hope new GD arrives safely....soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, I agree. I can see her using her middle name, Erin, as she gets older... but we'll see.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...