Translate

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Kittens and turtles... and Ghost
















Aren't they sweet? The little black and white kittens are beginning to spend time on the back porch and eat out of the adult cat dishes now.  One is a lot braver than the others and comes around on his own.  This morning he was playing in the back and came across a  box turtle. It was funny as he slowly followed the turtle until it stopped to eat some dry cat food.

When I went out to check on the ID of the turtle (to see if it was one of our 'marked' ones), the kitten ran off.  But it wasn't a marked one.  This one was smaller and probably a male.  (I marked him and took a picture of his shell.)
                                                                                                     
                                                                                                     

Smaller,  male? (more Ca marks on shell)
larger, female? (not many Ca marks on shell)



I just added the picture of Ghost in the upper right corner of this blog.  She and I had an 'altercation' the other night.  Rose and Ghost are the two cats that go into our bedroom and sleep with DH and myself at night. Well, for whatever reason, Ghost did not want to go to bed... and gave me the 'run around'.  When I finally got hold of her, she was hissing and spitting, and was totally 'unglued'.  Why? I don't know. Possibly she is a creature of habit and it's normally DH's habit to *herd* these two cats to bed around 9 or 10 PM.  Well, he was in Louisiana and so the job fell to me.  Apparently she didn't like this new arrangement... and was totally pissed. She refused to sleep with me and wouldn't even come out of the room for about 24 hours. I kept telling her that she needed to 'get over it' ... and she finally did.  But this is a picture of Ghost's face when she is not happy (actually this is a picture of her face even when she is happy.... only subtle difference is that she does purr when she's content).  She slept with me and purred last night.















16 comments:

  1. Ghost apparently has a lot of catitude. :-) Makes me think of my angel Annie--I'd call her my crabapple, or my sweet and sour Annie Bananie.

    The kittens are sweet. I wish we (the collective we) didn't have such a problem with feral cats, though. Wish more people would help, as you are, and would spay/neuter. "If wishes were horses," as it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love this. I looked at the picture and realized that was a very disgruntled cat. What tells the story? It's so good, Rian, to see your feline family. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually... that's ghost's face most of the time. She always looks worried or mad (even when she's purring).

      Delete
  3. I missed something. What are Ca marks?

    Good job, moving a cat who wouldn't move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what my grand daughter calls them. I'm not sure if it means they need Calcium or if it's a form of shell rot. Some have it more than others and it's a white hard spot... not soft.

      Delete
  4. Love the turtles. You are lucky to have interesting wildlife right in your backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. -chuckle- Love that pic of Ghost!!!!!!!

    Wow, did you make some changes here? Your blog is now, very, very, very wide. I needed to scroll to the right, to find the pic on your sidebar. Not to worry about it. But did want to tell you. Other wise how would we know what our blog looks like, to other people?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auntie, I did make the site a little wider a while back. Is it too wide? It doesn't look extra wide from my view... just a little more room on the sides. Your site pictures come across my entire screen (which is fine) and it's the only one that does that. Let me know if I need to change something.

      Delete
  6. Thanks, Nora. I enjoyed visiting Vancouver on my trip. However, there was *not enough time* to see the islands, Victoria, and the gardens. But I've made a list for 'next time'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say your site looks fine to me but I know that it is easy to press a button and make what you are looking at look wide.
    Your cat snaps are fantastic ... as is Ghosts expression!!! ...I think cats can sulk if routine changes or their special human leaves them. btw what are Ca marks?
    In answer to your Question....ATC's are Artists Trading Cards. The idea was that artists could create a tiny piece of their art and then swap it with other artists. Now it applies to any artist or crafter. I just make them sometimes and for swaps like the WOYWW 4th aniversary. They are meant to be the same size as normal Trading Cards ...the type collectors and kids swap.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Angie, for the ATC explanation. Does one use them as notecards or are they just meant to be considered 'art'?

    And I'm not sure about the Calcium marks on turtle shells. That's what my grand daughter calls them. I thought she meant that they needed calcium in their diet, but I've also read that it could be a sign of shell rot. I'll ask my Herp child and see what he says.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are meant to be art ...and a reminder of someone or something. People write their name on the back and when it was created ...and if its a set, stating that it is No2 of 10 etc etc... many are part of groups that create sets and then keep one and swap the rest....I just make the odd one now and then.xx

      Delete
  9. Wow..your ghost and my Lucy are twins :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...