Translate

Friday, August 16, 2013

one of those nights...

watercolor of coffee cup found on Pinterest

Well, it's 5:05 am now and I've been up since 3:30.  Too much on my mind, I guess. This doesn't happen often, but it does on occasion.   I shouldn't complain as many of my friends have trouble sleeping most nights while I normally don't have trouble sleeping anytime or anywhere. But this morning around 3:30 I sat up in bed and the conversation went:

DH: "What's the matter?"
Me: " I need a cup of tea..."
DH: "I thought so."
Me: "Why's that?"
DH: "You've been restless"
Me: "Yep... best get up."

So I made myself a cup of tea and a piece of toast (comfort food), cleaned the kitchen, told the cats that everything was alright (they hear me up and gather round), and that I wasn't going to feed them this early... much to their dismay. Then I headed for the computer room where I've spent the better part of the early morning reading blogs... and commenting.

Now it's after 5 and I've got to decide whether I should go back to bed for an hour or so, or give it up and find something else useful to do. Problem is that if I don't go back to bed, I'm going to be really needing a nap by lunchtime and we have plans for this afternoon. Guess I'll close this for now and continue later in the day.

It is now almost 2 pm. DH and I have been to Central Market for our groceries earlier today. It's Hatch Pepper week and CM carries or makes everything with Hatch Peppers during this time.  I love the mild ones.  Cannot tolerate the hot.  But we buy Hatch tortillas, Hatch cheese, Hatch pesto, Hatch marinated chicken, Smoked Hatch Peppers, etc.  (They even have Hatch Apple Pie, Hatch scones, and Hatch Gelato).

Later a friend came by and picked me up for lunch. We tried a new (well, new to us) Cajun restaurant down the road called "Wicked Po-boy".  We split a fried catfish sandwich with home-made chips. It was good. There are two other fish places that I like, "Big Easy" and "Flying Fish".   This one fares about the same as the others, except that it is very small.... so seating is tight.... and it was busy. I love seafood, but unless I cook it myself, I usually stick to fried catfish in Dallas.

Now I'm about ready to sit down, read a good book, and possibly nap.  But the kids are due over in about 30 minutes, so I'd better forgo that for now.  My *up at 3: 30*  morning is beginning to show...



9 comments:

  1. Ugh, I typically do wake between 3:30 and 4AM, but I go to bed early. LOL. Doesn't seem that you'll get a nap today, so I hope you sleep well tonight.

    I've never heard of all "Hatch" items. Hatch pepper? Must go Google.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just hate it when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you sleep good tonight...:) The catfish sounds gooooood ..yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the occasional "up at 3:30" moment, but they are few and far between these days. Mostly it's when I'm traveling. I hope it all turned out well for you and that you will sleep like a baby tonight! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hate those restless nights. Ed had me up too early this morning clomping around like he has a wooden leg. I'm just now done with cat-sitting for the day and now I'm done. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. To all that responded to my "up at 3:30" - thanks for your support. Sometimes the worries win out... even though you know things will look better in the morning. Anyway, I did sleep fine last night. Hope you all did too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the opposite problem. I fall asleep while watching TV. Sometimes the next day I don't even remember what I was watching. But if the movie or program is especially good I mange to stay awake.
    After about 8 hours I wake up, sometimes with the alarm clock.
    It must be the medications I take.

    ReplyDelete
  8. John, we actually do that also (fall asleep in the middle of a show). Thank goodness we can record the programs as we watch or we'd never know the endings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, I do sympathise, Rian as I sometimes get those nights too and can never nap during the day.. Glad you managed to sleep well the next night.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...