Translate

Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday morning venting...




My daughter called yesterday 'to vent'...    Apparently she and my grand daughter stopped on the way home from a riding lesson to pick up a few things at the grocery.  With 2 horses trailered in the heat outside, they chose to use the 'less than 10 items' lane (they had 12).  For whatever reason the lady who came up behind them took offense and tapped my daughter on the shoulder to ask her if she realized that she was in the '10 items or less' lane.  B said that she did... and the lady made some comment like  "as long as you know'. B asked her if she'd like to go ahead of her.  The lady said no, then said something like "as long as you can live with yourself".  To which B replied, "oh, I can live with myself just fine." Both B and my grand daughter were biting their tongues at the retorts that came to mind, but said nothing. I myself told her that she should have said, "oh, sorry, but would you mind waiting while I put two items back"... and DH said that she should have said, "oh, I only have 10 items, my daughter has 2.  And we'll gladly ring them up separately if that's what you would like."  You know....  I know that there are people that 'take advantage'... but really, it's amazing how easily some people are offended.  And I praised my daughter for holding her tongue.

Now my turn 'to vent'...  This morning I should be in pottery class.  However, after driving around the parking area (actually 2 parking areas) at the school for 30 minutes and not finding a parking space... even though I get there 35 minutes before class, I gave up and came home.  I followed 2 students to their cars only to have them pick up some item out of their cars and then go back to class and I followed 2 others to their spaces only to have another car quickly barge into their spot in front of me.  I decided that if I didn't leave then, I would probably use that old adage, "you may be younger and faster, but I'm older and have more insurance" thing and hit the next car that tried it.  So I came home.  I will miss the class (texted my instructor as to why), but will go back this afternoon to work on my cylinders.

Thanks for listening...   ; )











Needed something to make me smile...



























18 comments:

  1. What is he in in the last pic? I just can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you mean 'where' is he? It's actually Julie and she's in one of those collapsible cat houses.

      Delete
  2. That parking business is awful. I actually quit one gym because I had to park a mile away. I eventually wondered why I was paying to walk two miles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking the 2 miles was probably as good exercise as you got inside the gym.

      Delete
  3. The pics certainly will put a smile on almost anyone's face. :-)

    I think if someone had 16 or 20 items in the 10-only lane, I'd be annoyed, but I wouldn't say anything. LOL. Maybe if the woman had realized that there were two horses waiting in the heat she would have been less cranky about it. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter started to tell her that, but decided that it really wouldn't have made any difference. She figured the less conversation they had, the better.

      Delete
  4. Oh what a trying day! Just can't believe the lady in the grocery store-but the response was perfect! Thankfully Cats are great therapy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the trials and tribulations of modern town living.
    Not always a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but I imagine small town living could be stressful too... but non the less, more people generally means more stress (more crowds, more traffice, etc.)

      Delete
  6. Somedays everything seems to flow backwards....each of these are legit vents...but you both handled them well. :) I always love the photo's of your kitty's♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dee. There will always be 'those days'...

      Delete
  7. I get it about the parking. I have the added burden of always wanting to find a space that allows me to pull ahead so that I do not have to back out of a space. I don't mind walking a distance to accomplish this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olga, I imagine it might be hard to find a parking place which allows you to pull ahead...

      Delete
  8. I usually ride the bus to town just so I don't have to try to park in the ridiculously small YMCA parking lot. Plus it's 75 cents an hour on the street at the meters. Not worth it, but I'm sorry you missed your class. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have great bus service out here. There are some, but I will admit that in the 42 years we've lived here, I've been on a bus only once... and that was to go to the State Fair. Now back in New Orleans growing up, we rode the buses and streetcars everywhere.

      Not a problem with missing the class... I just went in to the studio at 1 and worked for a few hours (which is what I would have done in the morning had I found a parking place). Just frustrating.

      Delete
  9. Fistly I must say sorry for being a bad blogger ....cant believe Ive missed so much ...must catch up tomorrow as its a bit late now. Loved the rants ...I would have said 10 are mine and 2 are my daughters
    and hopefully kept calm. The reasons I've not been around were a terrible tummy bug which lasted a week...my adiction to a facebook game and lastly my daughters and my friends husband lost his battle with cancer on the 7th.It was so unfair ...he was a gentle caring man with a strange sense of fun.They had not long had their second aniversary. Jay and Vicki went to the funeral which was today in Aberdeen while I am looking after the boys...and are staying up there for a couple of days. His wife said that a burial on Friday 13th would have made him smile!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad Blogger! Bad Bad Bad Blogger... (haha) That's funny. We all have had this happen where we get swept away in other parts of life and miss our daily readings or postings. It may seem that you miss a lot, but you really don't. I mean, how exciting are our daily lives?

      Sorry about your tummy bug and especially about your daughters and friends husband.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...