Translate

Sunday, July 26, 2015

bits and pieces to share...

Here's a few more pics taken either in or around the house...

You have to look close to see Tux... and my reflection!

DH and I were coming back from an errand and I saw Rose in the window. Decided to take her pic. Once I was inside and looked at the shot I'd taken, there was Tux... and my reflection! Surprise extras!


Turtle on the run out back

DH always alerts me to turtles that he sees outside so I can check to see if it's a new one or one of our "regulars". This one  recently wasn't new. See the red "2" on his back (looks more like a backwards S - it's hard to mark a moving target...).



2 turtles eating out front

These 2  came to eat together in the front.  When we checked them, one was already marked, the other was new. We marked him/her #5 (5th new one this year!).

As I'm writing this, Julie in hiding behind the lamp on my messy desk... acting like I can't see her. 


(Julie) "If I just don't move, she won't see me..."

Julie is not a lap cat. Her brother, Tux, is... but it's an odd day that Julie will curl up in anyone's lap. However, on the evening that Molly left us, Julie did just this. To our surprise, she came to the sofa and curled up in my lap for the longest time...

Next pic is one I snapped a few minutes ago of the litter of kittens outside whose feral mama just moved all 6 of them to our back porch. You can only see the one little gray head in the mass of tiny black bodies.  Looks like a little Ghost...




And I started working on a new quilt... a  pastel colored one (blue and cream) that I did in strips. Getting ready to add the borders next.




It's not a large quilt... guess it could be considered lap size (about 40 X 40?) 

Well, that's about it. Nothing too news-worthy, but I thought the bits and pieces worth sharing. 

Hope you have a wonderful week!






10 comments:

  1. the two turtles might be doing a mating dance, lovely colors on the quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. We have seen them do a mating dance. But they were just eating here.

      Delete
  2. a nice little snippet of your life.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, you're right. That's about what it is...

      Delete
  3. I suspect Julie sensed you needed her at that moment, sweet girl.

    The quilt colors are absolutely lovely. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, I'm not sure if I needed her or she needed me. Either way... it was nice.

      Delete
  4. Definitely worth sharing, Rian. I loved the reflection picture, and the quilt, but it's just awfully nice to see your sweet post here. I really enjoyed all the pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DJan, it was such a funny surprise to see Tux in the pic as well as my reflection when all I saw from outside was Rose...

      Delete
  5. I am so glad you shared the snippets. The quilt is lovely. It is really amazing how sensitive animals can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Animals are very sensitive... or so it seems, Olga. I think a lot of people don't realize that.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...