Translate

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Molly


Molly

We lost Molly this week... not unexpected, but still hard to deal with. She was 22 years old. We got her as a kitten in 1993. She and Thibbadeux (our orange tabby) were good friends and constant companions. He was the same age as Molly, but we lost him a few years back.


Molly and Thibs
Molly and Thibs

Molly was such a good cat... even tempered and friendly. She got along with all the others as they came along (whether as kittens or adults) and accepted them easily into the house-hold. 

She did occasionally hiss at the outside ferals whose faces appear in the kitchen window panes of the french doors each morning. We always thought she was making it known to them that "there was no more room in the inn".

We will miss her very much.






8 comments:

  1. Oh Rian, I'm so sorry. I'm tearing up as I know the loss you feel right now. It's so hard to lose them. You will take comfort in the fact that you gave her such a good, comfortable and loving home. She was one of the lucky ones. But right now, it hurts terribly and I know the pain. Sending a big hug your way. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, such good friends, and so well loved, so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always had a soft spot for dark calicoes. Mine was named Xena, Warrior Princess. Goodbye, sweet Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that Molly has left you, I know it's a tough thing to say goodbye to a beloved pet. Wow, 22 years that's an incredible age for cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so very sorry Molly has passed. I know she had a wonderful life with you and that she was ancient by cat standards, but that doesn't make her death any easier. Lots of hugs and purrs from us as you grieve for her.

    Peace.

    Kim, Nicki and Derry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew it was coming. What a long-lived cat she was, and well loved. I wish the same for me. Blessings to you, Rian. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb, Linda, Joanne, Eileen, Kim, Olga, and DJan, Thanks for your kindness. Molly did have a long comfortable life... and she was definitely loved. Perhaps that is all we can hope for... except that maybe she is now re-united with the others (like Thibbadeaux and Jack) that were part of her family on earth?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...