Translate

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

and the week goes on...

Since I'm not feeling too great today... for whatever reason, this will be short. I woke up this morning with an aching back and feeling a little odd (slightly dizzy). Ate a scrambled egg for breakfast and about a 1/2 cup of coffee and thought I'd feel better, but didn't. Finally took a Tylenol (just in case a migraine was coming on).  Anyway, it's 2 pm now and I am feeling a little better now. Think I'll take a nap and see how that goes.

I did work on a few pieces of clay that needed help earlier. I tried to patch a handle on an oversized mug with a little vinegar and paper clay. We'll see how that works. The handle was a little too dry when I attached it and began pulling away from the mug. Hopefully my patch will work. And I finished underglazing a new stretching kitty critter. Both are still greenware and haven't had their first firing yet.



sculpted in paper clay
 
underglazed kitty and oversized mug



I also did another sleeping kitty and fox (and several more mugs), but already took them in to the studio to be fired Saturday.  

This is going to be it for today as that nap is definitely calling me. But I will close with a few close ups of our 3 kitties... who were all napping in their respective baskets when I shot these a little while ago.



Tux

Julie

Ghost



14 comments:

  1. Your pottery is quite lovely. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stretching cat!

    Hope the nap helps and that you feel better soon. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. Nap helped, but not much better today.

      Delete
  3. I love Stretching Kitty! I'm looking forward to seeing the fox, another of my favorite wild critters around here. Your kitties seemed to be wide-eyed and ready for a picture. I always thought my tux kitty liked to have his picture taken and would purposefully do fun things just to get me to grab the camera. Without him my blog hasn't been the same! I hope the nap helped you to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fox and other kitty should be out of the kiln by next Saturday. As for pics of the cats, mostly they are not that fond of picture taking. If I can surprise them, it works out better.

      Delete
  4. The stretching clay kitty is ever so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by to visit, Terra. I will have to check out your blog too.

      Delete
  5. Love that stretching kitty. I do hope the nap helped and that you are now feeling much better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DJan. The nap helped a bit... but still under the weather.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...