Translate

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

past weekend activities...

grand daughter and her horse practicing for cross country

My daughter sent this pic of my grand daughter practicing this past weekend. She and her horse had an 'incident' a few weeks ago where Tootsie (her horse) got herself straddled on one of the jumps at a show. It was the first time this has happened and un-nerved both my grand daughter and the horse. Now they are working at getting over it... and from this pic, it looks like they have.

And it's finally looking like Spring around here... although we've been told that rain is coming Tuesday and Wednesday. But if we can trust the weathermen, it should be a nice weekend for Easter. 
Our neighborhood had an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids this past Sunday. My youngest grand daughter participated. Here is a picture of her after the initial egg hunt waiting for the balloon lady to make her a balloon creature.

first in line for a balloon creation

She is five and getting ready to start Kindergarten this Fall. We are anxious to see how that goes. Academically she should do fine and emotionally I think she could be far beyond that... but physically, she is extremely active and we wonder if she will sit still long enough to handle a class room situation. I guess we shall see.

Oh, and I have to boost a bit about my clean (and almost clutter-free computer room/office). We have been using this room as the 'dump anything we didn't know what to do with' room for a while. It was getting out of hand. Since my daughter and 16 year old grand daughter are coming in this weekend for Easter, I finally got motivated to tackle it. It's not completely un-cluttered, but it's definitely better.

Also our  Home Owner's Association is promoting a neighborhood lawn sale in April and asked everyone to participate. We don't generally do garage sales, but this was another good reason to get rid of stuff that has been accumulating. It's unbelievable how many books and old DVD's we boxed up... not to mention old toys and computer cr....p - excuse my french!). 

Anyway, if I don't get back to the computer in the next few days, I wish you all a very Happy Easter and hopefully some wonderful spring weather!










12 comments:

  1. That's a great picture of your granddaughter on her horse. I like the one of your little granddaughter and the balloon lady which got me thinking about, how do you even learn how to "be a balloon lady"? I'm not sure I'd be a good one!! Isn't it great to get rid of things? Have a great Easter weekend. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The un-cluttering is great. I'm really not through, but it's as much as I can do for now with family coming for Easter weekend. And yes, it does feel good to have things cleared up a bit.

      Delete
  2. Your granddaughter looks great going over the jump! And your youngest granddaughter is a cutie. I wonder what balloon creature she got. :-)

    Give yourself a pat on the back for decluttering! My spare rooms are getting out of hand again now, with stuff for donation, stuff for e-waste disposal, and just too much stuff in general. I've been replacing a number of inexpensive home furnishings with better quality ones, so right now there's FAR more than I need in my house. Once we actually have decent spring weather, not snow, sleet or cold rain, I can start hauling stuff to the garage and then arrange a pick-up.

    Anyway, I wish you and your whole family a wonderful, happy Easter! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out to be a yellow wand with a red heart on the end... and not a creature, but she loved it. Iam proud of the decluttering. I can't tell you how many times I started and stopped over the last few months. And I think you do well with it yourself as you always seem to be hauling stuff off.

      Delete
  3. Your granddaughter and her horse look very accomplished indeed. Just the thought of those jumps gives me the shivers. And your decluttering activity sounds great. It always helps me when I have everything I don't need out of my life. Fortunately for me, I have a partner who hates clutter. He takes care of most of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a good rider... and Tootsie is a very accommodating horse. As for the decluttering, it is something I've been meaning to do. Usually I start... and then stop - feeling like I can't handle it. This time I pushed through!

      Delete
  4. Your granddaughter cuts a fine figure on horseback. Great action shot. Good luck decluttering. I keep pushing that chore down on my to do list. Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Patti... I have pushed the decluttering my computer room off for years. Occasionally I'd do a little, then stop. It would fill up again. This time I've done about 3/4 of it and plan to finish right after Easter.

      Delete
  5. Dear Rian, I so enjoy watching the equestrian events in the Olympics. And I so admire the young people who fall in love with a horse and want to do the jumping. Such trust and such training is involved. And it is only because Tootsie trusts your grand-daughter that the photo you shared is possible.

    Thanks for the photo also of your five-year-old grand-daughter. Good kindergarten teachers know how to help children who like to be active and who find sitting still too difficult. I bet she'll be fine! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dee. Our love of horses has grown from when I was young and could only ride at nearby stables - to my daughter when we got her a little Palomino mare when she was 12 - to my grand daughter who now rides cross country. They've had 3 horses, but Tootsie has shown great promise and they work well together.

      Delete
  6. what a great photo of your granddaughter, I used to love horses when I was young

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I loved to ride too... but now my old bones ache too much. Last time I rode (and that was quite a while ago), I could hardly move for a week.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...