Translate

Saturday, December 15, 2018

been a while...



close up of Christmas tree (and yes, those are mardi gras beads)


Bar at Christmas time...

Life gets busy... especially at this time of year. There's Christmas lights to put up, trees to decorate, gifts to buy, cards to mail, and goodies to bake... not to mention Christmas parties to attend as well as grandkids pageants and performances!

We have one of the latter this week when the Saint Joseph's kindergarten class will be singing Christmas carols. Grand daughter will take part in that so we will be sure to be there. And last night our pottery group had their Christmas get-together and cookie exchange. Great food, good conversation, and came home with loads of goodies!

So... I've been lax on blogging. Actually I've read most the blogs I follow, but may not have commented and certainly haven't posted anything lately.  Yesterday I baked almond tea cakes and cheese biscuits for the pottery get-together. Today I will continue with whiskey balls, chocolate graham cracker crunch, and home-made granola to mail... and eventually rum cakes and more cookies for neighbors and friends. 

That's pretty much where we're at... probably the same for all of you.



Julie  'helping' with Christmas decorating...

Moose doing the same...

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a safe Happy New Year 2019! (Wow! that's the first time I've written that...)




14 comments:

  1. A very Merry Christmas and happy and healthy New Year to you and your family too! I hope you get time over the holidays to take a deep breath or two and just enjoy the time of year, without having to rush. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I'm not good at rushing... my uncle used to call me Pokey when I was little... I haven't changed much. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Yes, pretty much the same here, except I don't bake much. There's nobody around to eat it except me and hubby, and neither one of us needs it. So I splurge at parties and try to keep the damage in bounds. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to bake... and we do share... and now that my grandson is living here, he loves it. Told us the other day that our house smelled like coffee and maple syrup... not bad.

      Delete
  3. Is Moose your dog? I thought you were all cats. Lovely tree - I like the photos as ornaments. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Jenn. Moose is my daughter's dog. He's a sweetheart and she's always sending me pics of him. I was sharing.

      Delete
  4. Yes, you've nailed it. Wonder holidays to your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Joanne. Since retirement, we don't go all out on gifts anymore... just the grandkids. But I still bake and share the goodies!

      Delete
  5. It is a busy time of year and it seems to come around so fast these days -- unlike when it was forever between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Don't animals think the decorations are all for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do continue to get a real Christmas tree each year for the cats... they love it and since they never go outside, it's a treat for them. And I have to admit, that we will continue to downsize it as our ages progress, but the smell and feel of a 'real' tree is something I look forward to.

      Delete
  6. Same to you. I just fell in love with Moose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be hard not to fall in love with Moose. He's a charmer.

      Delete
  7. Dear Rian, Julie, Moose, and I--along with Maggie, Matthew, and Ellie, the cats with whom I live--should get together and simply watch the wonder happen all around us. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...