Translate

Thursday, April 3, 2014

road trip...

Apparently I'm not able to get the pictures from my iPhone onto this site... maybe because it's my daughter's computer and it can't switch or attach to my info? Oh well, I'm going to blog without pics it seems. But I'll ask my grand daughter later is she knows how to fix the problem. Kids today are very tech-wise.  I learned a whole lot of other tasks that my iPhone could do while on the road trip with her.
 
I flew into San Antonio last Saturday morning (DH stayed home with cats)... and the 3 of us (daughter, grand daughter, and myself) left early Sunday morning for New Orleans. We stayed with my cousin who had her home rebuilt after Katrina.  She lives right where the levee burst and both her home and my aunt's across the street were demolished. But she re-built (high - up 10 feet off the ground). She really has a nice comfortable place... and Barb, if you're reading this... thanks again for the hospitality!
 
We were there for a sad occasion (the death of my sister's sister-in-law's son - I could just say my 'nephew by marriage' I guess).  Anyway, he had been in a motorcycle accident about 13 years ago that had left him bed-ridden and in a lot of pain. He passed last week and the family gathered in Covington (across the Lake Pontchartrain) for the funeral. It was sad of course as he was such a handsome fun loving young man. I hadn't seen him in some years, and he was still very handsome. But he is *free* now and no longer in pain.  His 2 younger brothers gave the eulogy and it was comforting to hear their loving memories of times past.
 
Also because we had my grand daughter with us and she had not been in New Orleans since she was very young... she wanted to see the French Quarter, the Mississippi river, and the lake front. Actually she wanted to see a lot of things that we just didn't have time for as her mom had to be back at work by Thursday. But we did go to the French Quarter and had some beignets and coffee, walked around Jackson Square, went to Aunt Sallies' Pralines, tried to get to Central Grocery (but it was closed for some reason).  You can buy all sorts of things there... like stuffed artichokes and Italian seeded cookies, etc. And we walked out by the Mississippi. I *would* post a few pics of this, but apparently can't do this from this computer.  But I will when I get back home Saturday.
 
We left Tuesday morning from New Orleans for Ethel, La.... where maw-maw (husband's mother who is 96) lives. Visited with her and niece for a bit, then headed out for Houston where we spent the night with more family.  It really was nice to see everyone.
 
Wednesday morning we were heading back to San Antonio where I will spend a few days before returning home to Dallas. So... today everyone is back at work or in school and it is just me... and the cats, dogs, turtles, horses and chickens... but fairly quiet on the home front.
 
 
just us chickens...
(old pic)






 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. There must be a fix for the picture issue, but I don't have a clue what it might be. I am in my hotel room now after having traveled by bus, plane, and rental car. As soon as my poor overworked iPhone charges a bit, I'll download my pictures and write a post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For whatever reason, the first reply I made here earlier does not appear. Well, I'm sure you are having a wonderful time 'playing in the air'.... Looking forward to your posts about the experience. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. I have a bunch of pictures that I have not figured out how to get to my own computer. I think it is a matter of finding the right size USB cord. Why can't they be interchangeable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olga, I know that you can send pictures from your phone (or another computer) to your email and then once on the email, you can right click the pic on your computer email under *save this pic* and it will go to your computer photo gallery. But there may be other ways too...

      Delete
  3. All my picture problems were of my own making, so I have nothing to add. How nice to be soaking up some sun, along with the sad business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has been very agreeable... which is great as I do not like traveling by car in rain storms.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you had a great trip, even for a really sad reason. Three generations can be lots of fun :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, us *girls* had a pretty good time while on the road. We stop and shop... or stop for coffee... or just stop to stretch our legs if the area is pretty. DH goes from A to B... no stopping as a general rule.

      Delete
  5. What a fun trip! I know there's probably an easy way to transfer photos from my iPhone, but I always just email them to myself, open them and then save to my photo file. One of the few things I miss from no longer working is tech support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's the way I do it also. But *I think* there's a faster way... just not sure what it is.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...