Translate

Saturday, October 21, 2017

the week before Halloween...

finished pumpkins and stretching cat




These are the finished pieces that I just picked up from the Studio. I think they came out fine... all in one piece too!

Have been playing with the idea of using a spray glaze for the over-sized mugs. I haven't used this technique before, but have seen others do it. I hope to spray the mugs one color and then perhaps due a light detail spray on top in another color. We'll see...

Also... today is my oldest son's birthday!



happy and content... at One Year!


He and his family moved to Hawaii this past summer. I love this next picture... to me it shows how much he likes it there.


happy and content... Now!



Just went outside to check on my small container garden.



parsley and remaining red pepper


I believe that the red bell pepper plant has produced it's last pepper... and it's almost ready to pick. But our curly parsley is enjoying the cooler weather and is looking good. You can't see the basil on the far right, but it has pretty much gone to seed. 

We also have a huge bay leaf tree in the back. It produces enough bay leaves to keep us, family, and friends in a constant supply for cooking, as well as a bug deterrent.




I keep branches of it hanging from my kitchen ceiling as well as in the pantry... it deters bugs.




Well, that's the news here. Weather is definitely cooler here in North Texas and supposedly we're in for some possible rough weather and rain later tonight. We could use the rain... but don't need any more 'rough weather'. 

Leaving you with 3 pics... one of Julie and Tux cuddled together in a basket. Julie has been a bit needy lately (wanting to be be played with more than usual and snuggling in with Tux whenever she can??)


Julie is in front cuddling... Tux is tolerating


Ghost on lying on old quilt... 



not exactly a happy face...



and one of a black feral lying in the pumpkin on our front porch.



feral in pumpkin


It's a large pumpkin...


front porch


Have a wonderful weekend! 
And as always, thanks for dropping by!

Oh... forgot to mention that I just updated one of my other blogs, "Cats, Coffee, and Chocolate" if anyone's interested.  My other blogs are listed to the right at the top here. I've neglected them pretty much in favor of this all inclusive one, but did update just recently...

22 comments:

  1. Your cats are each so pretty. I have a cat and a dog, and hope I am older but better too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terra. I checked out your blog today and will be back. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. I love that stretching cat and the pumpkins, so sweet.

    Happy birthday to your son! I hope he's having a wonderful day.

    Your feral in the pumpkin -- what a great capture! Smooches to all of the cats. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. I talked to my son yesterday evening. It was only lunchtime there. He seemed to be having a good day! As for the feral pumpkin pic, I was hoping people could tell what it was...

      Delete
  3. wow you have so much pottery to show, been otherwise occupied, how can deny Hawaii is a paradise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, there's really not that much. I wish I had a wheel and a kiln at home, but that probably won't happen.

      Delete
  4. love the photos of the cats!
    wow you could sell your bay leaves to make a little pocket money too; they're expensive to buy!
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Selina! Guess I've never priced bay leaves since I've never had to buy them. Will check them out at Central Market next week.

      Delete
  5. I didn't know that bay kept the bugs at bay, that's handy to know and Ghost has such a wonderful grumpy look. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Briony, Ghost's facial expressions are few... mostly grumpy.

      Delete
  6. That baby picture of your son is so cute. Reminds me a little of my oldest grandson, when he was that age. So cute! I love the cat pictures too. The black feral in the pumpkin is perfect for Halloween! I'm glad to hear that about the Bay leaves. I need something to put inside the old cupboard on the front porch that will keep mice and bugs away. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bay leaves are great natural bug deterrents. Try them inside your old cupboard, Henny.

      Delete
  7. Your pieces came out looking great. I love the pretty stretching cat figurine. And I also love looking at your pretty real cats. They look content and healthy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish our cats cuddled together. I don't think it will ever happen! I love that picture of the cat in the pumpkin - true Hallowe'en picture. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cat in the pumpkin was a good catch... glad he didn't run off when I got close enough for a pic.

      Delete
  9. I do like the interestingly shaped pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne. Pumpkins and black cats are probably the only thing I like about Halloween. I'm not much into ghosts, skeletons, and such...

      Delete
  10. Your pumpkins and stretching cat are lovely. Hope the weather stays rainy and not rough.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did get rain... but it wasn't too rough, just a lot of thunder and lightning (cats weren't too pleased).

      Delete
  11. Great work. I have to say that feral cat in the jack o'lantern just stole my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black feral cats do add to our Halloween display out front... but I expect them to hide in the back yard on Halloween night - where it's safer.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...