Translate

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Playing around... on a Sunday

 A friend is decluttering (as I should be doing) and brought over a ton of art supplies for me to play with. Her grown kids have always been into graphic art, but now do all their artwork by computer for their jobs. 

I tend to sketch, do a little watercolor, and have played around with charcoal at one time... (and I do like to work with clay

But now I have beaucoup colored markers, chalk pastels, oil pastels, colored charcoal, colored pencils, watercolor pencils and a Calligraphy kit. These are all new mediums for me. 


colored markers

chalk pastels


oil pastels and colored charcoal


So, I'm playing around with each of them. Probably a mistake as it enables the 'Jack of all trades and master of none' approach. But it's kind of fun...?


And since it's Sunday and I try to cook something special on Sunday, I've got a marry me chicken dinner planned with a carrot souffle and baby spinach salad for this evening. I also just put in a batch of mini-muffins and stuffed them with Reese's chocolate PB cups! 

Oh, our daughter just texted and sent this video. They apparently just got some new baby chicks! They're Cuckoo Maran's... and here's the video:



(Remember:click on the square on the right to enlarge video and then escape to get out of it.)

She's also in the process of building a catio (cat patio) for their 2 cats. Here's a pic:



Their property has their log house, a barn, and a sort of bunkhouse. The bunkhouse has 2 bedrooms, a small kitchen/living area, and a bathroom/laundry room.  This catio is being built on the side of the bunkhouse (I think).

And here's a pic of my marry me chicken:




Hope all of you had a wonderful weekend!  

Take care my friends,

Hugs (virtual),

Rian



19 comments:

  1. Have a heap of fun with all your new toys.
    Love the chicks and the catio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. I am enjoying trying out the new mediums.

      Delete
  2. Very kind of your friend to gift you all her downsizeables. Love the chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the art supplies! Your dinner looks delicious Rian and that's an awesome catio--my sister Shawn & her husband built one on the side of their house 10 years ago when my niece got a cat, and when she's not home Flynn spends all his time out there :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, Dug (love all the art supplies)! And the cats who pretty much live in the bunkhouse now when everyone's at work will love the catio...

      Delete
  4. Oh, you're going to have fun with all those new art supplies. I hope you'll share some of your creations with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I just started playing with the chalk pastels... messy, but fun.

      Delete
  5. Dinner sounds wonderful! My sister's world looks like what you pictured... with all the art supplies, as well as a tilting drafting table and significant amount of paints. Me on the other hand? Not really. I have three Noiran chickens which are somewhat part of the Maran lineage. I really wanted Marans but they were unavailable. Happy for your daughter! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My front room is covered with art supplies... good thing we have no company coming over... As for the chickens, I'm so glad she got those chicks. She has had many different kinds... which are free roaming until evening when they go back to their coup. But she has had trouble with owls.

      Delete
  6. I had to google Marry me chicken as I've never heard of it before. It does sound delicious.
    Lucky kitties, that's a beautiful catio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter tried it one Easter a few years ago... and it has become a staple around here.

      Delete
  7. What fun! Thanks for the video, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun, DJan... the art and the chickens!

      Delete
  8. Your Sunday dinner looks/sounds yummy. That is quite a catio! And art can just be inspired by looking at all those great colors! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has inspired me, Barbara. I'd become a little lazy since the pandemic... now, I'm trying some new things.

      Delete
  9. oh what fun you will be having with your new art supplies. i hope you share pictures of what you are doing. marry me chicken, it is delicious...yours looks very yummy!! and ps, thanks for sharing your favorites on my post today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Debbie, I am having fun trying out the new art supplies... and yes, marry me chicken is a good recipe (and pretty easy too). As for my favorites, I didn't mention dark chocolate and peanut butter - two things I would want with me on a desert island.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...