Translate

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

bear with me...

Yes, I'm still playing around with my new art supplies. I know... boring. But I just need to share. You can choose not to continue. It's fine. 

Here is my attempt to use soft pastels:






I love sky pics... the sky is a wonderful watercolor subject. This is my first attempt to try to do sky scenes with 'soft pastels'. It isn't great, but I think it's a good start. 

It's also a messy medium. Gets all over your hands, table, floor, etc. I have to wash everything down after - as I use our living room table for my art. Reminds me a little of 'finger painting'... as you use your fingers to 'blend'.


Here's another...

still working on this one... 


OK, thanks for putting up with that. Apparently you can also use water on soft pastels (with a brush). Haven't tried that yet.

Now for some of my favorite memes. If I've shown them before... sorry. My memory isn't the greatest.









thank you


And I do thank you for getting this far into my post! This week has been interesting. Got my B-12 injection yesterday and have a little more 'get up and go' today and a little less 'sit down and read' (actually asleep after the first few pages).




Hugs (virtual),
Rian















16 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your gentle, thoughtful posts like this one. And I do like that medium and know you will continue to evolve and show me what's what! Love your quotes for today. I needed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DJan. I am having fun with it. Trying something new is probably good for me. And yes, I will share my efforts - even though they may not be that entertaining.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty Rian, I liked your bird in flight.... and that grapefruit meme made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dug. Now you are being kind... and I appreciate that. And that grapefruit meme made me laugh too. We need a little joy in our lives.

      Delete
  3. You are a wonderful crazy artist. I'm glad you are part of my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you Joanne... for calling me an artist. I play around with art - never mastered any of it.... and could never do the complicated weaving you do. But you are one of the few bloggers that I do consider a friend and am glad you guys are a part of my life.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE your first creation and would gladly hang it in my home.
    I agree with you about cats and books too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, you are being kind. Thank you. It does encourage me to keep at it. As for the cats and books - yes, they do make life better.

      Delete
  5. Hello Rian :=)
    Thank you for your visit. I was curious and came over to see your post. I laughed so much at the grapefruit caption and getting older one. :) Good luck with your pastel art work. It's a wonderful medium to work with. Enjoy!
    All the best
    Sonjia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sonjia. I'm experimenting with the soft pastels. They are new to me, but I like the blending. I appreciate your visit and comment.

      Delete
  6. your art work is never boring, i have enjoyed it in the way past and i enjoyed it today!! i stuck with the grapefruit meme and it did not go where i thought it was going. good thing, i enjoyed it so much more!! i had a bad fall yesterday, now i am stuck at my computer and knitting. oh wait, that's not so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Debbie, I'm so sorry about the fall. How did it happen? Are you OK? Since you are at the computer and knitting, I'm guessing you're OK...

      Delete
  7. I like how your paintings turned out. Good for you. I'm loving all your memes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kay. I loved Oahu when we visited our son there. They lived in Kailua. DIL worked at the Castle hospital. I was wondering if you went to the beach much. You don't post pictures of it. I loved the little secluded coves we visited where we had our coffee either in the early morning or at sunset.

      Delete
    2. I went to the beach when I was younger. I'm not loving the hot sun anymore, I'm afraid.

      Delete
    3. Kay, I'm not into the sun either, but early mornings and late evenings by the water are lovely...

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...