Translate

Monday, November 6, 2017

an after Halloween post...

Feral cats out front on Halloween

This will be a short post as I will be 'out of pocket' until next weekend. Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween! We had about 2 dozen kids come by for candy... not a lot, but better than last year. The weatherman predicted colder weather and rain... but we had none of it by our house. 

We removed the cat bed (and wind buffer) before the kids came, but the cats weren't too affected by the Halloween activity. They would move off as the kids ran for the door, then return in between trick or treating (we told the cats that they should go around to the backyard to stay safe, but they didn't seem too worried).

Oh, I did make some 'tea cakes' for Halloween that looked a bit like bats. But since I couldn't force myself to make cookies black, I called them my exotic white snow bats!





... Snowbats on left without powdered sugar. 

... Snowbats on right with powdered sugar



 


I also missed 2 Saturdays at the Studio due to a stomach bug, so I'm a bit behind on getting things glazed. But I did try spray glazing this past Saturday. It seemed to work well. My plan is to spray glaze some mugs one color, and then use a detail sprayer and very lightly spray glaze around the rim in another color. We'll see how that turns out. Since Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and the Studio will be closed that weekend, there aren't many workable classes left. It may be that I'll have to finish up next semester... which is fine with me.

Well, have a good week... Happy Veterans Day! and as always thanks for visiting! 


5 comments:

  1. I'm glad your ferals remained safe over Halloween. It would be a worry, I imagine.

    I do like those bats! Bet they tasted yummy too, far better than the real thing. :-)

    Take care, I hope you're back to 100% now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that everyone fared well for Halloween, including the cats. I also wish you a happy Veterans day ahead, and I really like your edible bats! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way the powdered sugar looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the bats and can't wait to see your spray glazing tests

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...