Translate

Sunday, March 10, 2024

Need to talk to a real person...


the dreaded DMV


Just a short rant: There are times when automative responses just don't work! My TDL is due for renewal this summer. So I got a letter saying that since I will be 79 this summer, I cannot renew online anymore.  You have to show up at the DMV with your old license and/or other forms of ID. This is no problem, but what I need to know is : Can I do this now or do I have to wait until it's closer to the expiration date. Every number you call is automated. Do they answer this question? No. 

And since I no longer drive... and haven't driven in the last 3 years, does it matter if I get my TDL renewed or just get an ID? All I want to do is have someone answer this question before I make an appointment, wait at the DMV, and then be told I have to come back when the expiration date is closer.

Maybe one of you know the answer?


Now...

I have nothing else to post except this old pic I came across recently that DH took years ago of me sleeping on the sofa with Gigi, one of our cats back then. She was a sweetheart. 




Hope you're having a good weekend! And if you know the answer to my TDL dilemma, please advise.


Hugs (virtual),

Rian





6 comments:

  1. No idea how they do it in Texas. I would take a chance if I were you, though, and schedule an appointment. Love that picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DJan. I will schedule the appointment... but may wait until summer to do it.

      Delete
  2. Why does Texas have to make things so complicated? That's a lovely sleeping beauty photo of you. Looks a little like Olympia Dukakis. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Linda, but I doubt if it's just Texas... automated answering is everywhere. And I know it's not just me - but sometimes the foreign accents that do answer as real people are hard to understand too. Not minding that they're foreign - just minding that I can't understand what they are saying (although it's in English).

      Delete
  3. i can't answer your question, sorry!! i am 65 and recently did mine online and was able to use the same picture...which i must say i hate!! such a pretty picture of you, it's a treasure so don't lose it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most DL pics aren't great... to say the least.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...