Translate

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Christmas music...




I have thought of this...


Also...

I'm not especially musically inclined... never played an instrument (well, piano for 2 months in elementary school), don't have an 'ear' for it, and definitely can't hold a tune. 

But 'some' music I find especially haunting like Pentatonix' "Hallelujah" or "Mary Did You Know?". Both of these songs mesmerize me. Don't know if it's the words, the tune, or the voices. 

You're probably familiar with both of these, but I thought I'd try to link up the videos so you could hear them here. However, my technical ability isn't so great... and I'm having trouble doing this. Bear with me.

Pentatonix "Hallelujah"

Pentatonix "Mary Did You Know?"


I think I did it.  Enjoy! 



12 comments:

  1. I know both pieces, but had never heard of Pentatonix before. Thanks for the links!

    Neat quote, though I would say that sleep is pretty important too. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sleep is very important. But sometimes I wake between 3 and 6 and need a cup of tea. Usually I sit with the cats on the floor by the Aga, drink my tea, and organize my thoughts. Since we go to bed at 10 and get up at 8, the few minutes occasionally alone with my thoughts isn't such a bad thing.

      Delete
  2. they sound lovely but no, didn't get mesmerised by it, it's a personal thing & music affects people differently; me, i'm an Elvis fan, now there's a voice that could captivate an audience!
    have a merry christmas & a happy & safe new year
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that music affects people differently... and I too was an Elvis fan... even then, none of the others (Beetles, etc.) affected me like Elvis did. Perhaps Pentatonix is my adult Elvis.

      Delete
  3. Nicely done and I had never thought of that insomnia clue...maybe, just maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you did. Congratulations on becoming more technologically proficient! And Merry Christmas to you and all your furry family and others! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DJan. It is kind of thrilling when I accomplish something new... even something as insignificant as posting a video. Small steps, right?

      Delete
  5. I will try to put my late awake time to better advantage.
    Ya did good on the links. I had never heard Pentatonix before and they are delightful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you, I have little to no musical talent, but I do enjoy music. Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Tom. I've often said that if I had a choice of some ability in another life, I would like to be able to sing... (or at least carry a tune).

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...