Translate

Sunday, February 26, 2023

another busy week coming...


Sunday morning breakfast


This was my Sunday morning breakfast:  over easy egg, sourdough toast soldiers,  and my allotted butter coffee... not that different from my every morning breakfast if you take away the egg (and sometimes add tea instead of coffee). We are not big breakfast eaters although we do have lunch around 11:30... so perhaps that makes up for it.

This past week was busy with 2 doctor's appointments. Both went well... annual Mammogram (which I normally hate but due to a very good technician and new type machine was the least painful I've ever had) and annual Dermatologist (nothing needed to be frozen or cut off) DH didn't fare as well as he had something on his hand frozen and something on his face cut out and biopsied.

And this next picture is the fisherman's afghan that my friend made for my daughter. I love it! (actually I have one that she made for me several years ago - but am still tempted to keep this one) I won't though as I've already told my daughter that she was getting it. However, my friend is in the mist of doing several and asked me if I minded doing the tassels. So, if you look closely, you'll see her beautiful knitting and my so-so tassels. I've just completed one side, but will do the other today. 


Fisherman's afghan




Oldest son and his wife are also coming into town this week for her hip replacement surgery. Please pray that all goes well. It's going to be another busy week as there are several appointments crammed in this week along with her surgery... and Spring Break starting March 11th with daughter and her family coming in that Saturday. (Will also update you on the bunny mystery next time)

And I will close this with a pic of youngest granddaughter in her Taekwondo class. Apparently she put 3 young boys down and was asking for 'bigger' opponents. She is in the red vest.




Oh, and I forgot that DH's younger brother had surgery this past Thursday. He has always had pain in his back with nothing working to relieve it, and finally decided to have some sort of spinal stimulater implant put in. We'll see how that works. It's only been a few days, so hard to say much yet. 

Going to really close this now as I have to work on finishing those tassels. Hoping all of you have a wonderful week... good weather and maybe some sunshine!! 


Hugs (still virtual),
Rian











14 comments:

  1. Rian your light breakfast looked perfect. I normally have one egg too and to be honest I had two this morning and I'm regretting it. Also very happy to read about your mammogram being so positive, I was just talking to my sister last night who has an appointment for one upcoming and she very much hates going. And I am in love with that Afghan, my gosh it's beautiful. Your room is beautiful too, I love your giant fireplace! Well I certainly hope your loved ones surgeries and all go well, so much medical stuff going on. I know it can't be avoided but I'm tired of all this stuff already in my own court. I sure hope your week ahead is a happy and smooth one, oh and I'm glad we're on the same team when it comes to Sundays! ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dug, it seems like once you hit an 'advanced' age (over 50 +), doctor appointments and treatments, etc. seem to be an almost weekly/monthly occurrence (annoyance). And we're not the type who go for every little thing... I try to put off going to a doctor as long as possible and let my body heal itself. But still...
      And thanks, I love my fireplace too. Since I'm almost always cold, the Aga and the fireplace are real favorites of mine.

      Delete
  2. OMG the afghan is gorgeous and i LOVE how you made the tassels, i have never seen them done that way before. you had and busy week and have another coming. i struggle when i have that much going on, even if i have 2 things in a row.

    you have a cute set up in that room you shared!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, Debbie, in that I do like to be busy, but too much overwhelms me. But 'it is what it is and I can handle it' (that's been my mantra ever since the BC diagnosis). And I agree that the afghan is gorgeous. Thanks about the tassels, it's the first time I've done them that way.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, so many medical procedures. It sounds like you will be a nursing assistant for your family (what a blessing they have you!). I just noticed that all 3 of my grandchildren's schools in this area have spring break a different week and that the 2 moms that are teachers have different spring break weeks than their children. So I am thinking I need to get busy mapping out some activities other than the usual dumping out the toy boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having different spring breaks is a hassle for everyone. They need to co-ordinate them better. As for the medical procedures, I guess it all comes with our families in time as we age. And I imagine we need to be grateful that we're still around to handle it.

      Delete
  4. I think your tassels are perfect! And I also know that age brings many more appointments, it can't be helped unless we just want to continue to hurt. I always enjoy your posts, however often you create them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DJan. The tassels are far from perfect, but they will do. And I know that I don't post on any regular schedule... just when the mood strikes me, which is kind of sporatic.

      Delete
  5. The afghan is gorgeous (looks so complicated), as are the tassles. Great job, both of you!

    I'm sending prayers to your DH, your DIL, and your husband's brother. I hope all will be well for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, it is more complicated than I have attempted. I can do popcorn stitch and cables, but some of those patterns are new to me. But I just love the patterns... and tassels are pretty easy - although this one was a little different.
      And thanks for your prayers. Hopefully all will go well.

      Delete
  6. Hope the surgery went well. Love the afghan AND your breakfast!!!!
    Taekwondo is that how it's spelled? Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surgery seems to have gone well. And I 'think' that's how you spell Taekwondo...

      Delete
  7. That is the most beautiful afghan I've ever seen and I love the tassels! You have an amazing little granddaughter. Hope your daughter-in-law is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Henny. I love that afghan too. And yes, as they say, she may be little, but she's fierce.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...