Translate

Thursday, April 27, 2017

much ado about nothing...

Julie sitting with my art supplies


I know it's been a while since I've posted, but things have been a bit busy.  Had a few doctors' appointments to take care of... and a tooth that was giving me trouble. Luckily all that is behind me now and it's just a matter of finishing up the semester's pottery projects in the next few weeks. 

The picture at the top is one of Julie helping me do a little touch-up on a few things. She is one of those cats that needs to be 'in the mist' of it whatever you're doing. If I'm quilting, she has to sit on the fabric, if I'm knitting, she has to keep an eye on that moving yarn, etc.  I think that's why she stations herself on the kitchen counter - so she can keep an eye on the goings on around her.





We have a bay leaf tree in our yard. On occasion I cut branches down to hang around the kitchen. It's great to keep moths away as well as to use in actual cooking. Julie likes to supervise the cutting.


checking out Sunday comics




And as you can see, this is her, "enough already..." look!
So I guess I'll close.

Happy TGIF tomorrow!!

 

 

13 comments:

  1. What fun markings Julie has. She looks like quite the character much like other black and white cats I have met.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a character alright! That's for sure.

      Delete
  2. She has stolen my heart! What a sweetie and a good helper!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie is a lot like her sibling, Jack, who we lost several years ago. Both extremely curious and extremely playful. Tux is also her sibling... but he has a more serious nature.

      Delete
  3. Don't you just love them. Willow is my menace, she wants to be with me all of the time. On the bed, sitting in front of the computer, on the jigsaw and if I'm missing she has the most pitiful meow.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Briony, I know that 'meow'. Julie does it when we close the door and go to bed each night. Only Ghost is allowed to sleep with us at night.

      Delete
  4. She is a very unique looking cat! I like the photo by the sink - cats can turn anything into a bed, can't they? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much, Jenn. I have found them in the oddest places.

      Delete
  5. Julie knows she has to keep an eye on the humans, a cat never knows what trouble a biped could cause. :-D

    We're glad your appointments/issues are behind you now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. One of my appointments was with the dentist for a tooth problem... and you know how I feel about going to the dentist.

      Delete
  6. I laugh every time I see that one of Julie on the kitchen counter fast asleep. She's a cutie, all right! Thanks for sharing her with me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. That pic of Julie is one of my favorites. It seems to show her real personality.

      Delete
  7. Julie is a sweetie! Saku has similar coloring and he tends to feel the need to "snoopervise". Perhaps it's a trait?

    Hope everything is going well medically for you. Good luck at the dentists.
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...