Translate

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Photos that speak... and other things

Have you ever noticed that certain photos seem to capture a feeling, or a moment? Something someone wrote recently made me think of this. So..oo I went through some of my old photos trying to find examples of this and here is what I found:


Ghost holdup in her favorite spot



Ghost helping me read
Ghost as a kitten in the front window
my work station in front room (with Tux)




Jack on top of ship shelf

 
Photo taken after our slate floors were put in 2005


cats in computer room

Rose in blinds' shadow



Now I realize that possibly these may only speak to me - but I thought I'd share anyway.

And for those of you who enjoy tea and teacups (which I do also) here's a few more - usually taken at teatime here at home (which is also reading time).  

 First a poster that says it all...














 



As you can see, I like tea cups... and have collected quite a few which I use daily. However, I also have some others that I don't use as much anymore because they have the gold or platinum trim that cannot go into the microwave. I do use them for company on occasion, but the occasions have become fewer as time goes on.  

But I will show you my MIL's tea service that I had given her years ago, and was returned to me after she passed. It's one of my very favorites. She and I were probably the only ones who ever used it when I visited.





Post note: the books that you see in the photos with the teacups are not necessarily good reads (of course 'some' were), but my dear friend keeps me with a constant supply of books since she knows I read daily (in the afternoon and at bedtime... as well as anytime I'm stuck somewhere with time to spare).  However, I did just read one that surprised me... because I didn't care for the cover... but the book itself was very good. It was "The Shoemaker's Wife" by Adriana Trigiani.




Have a wonderful rest of the week and hopefully I didn't bore you too much with things that possibly 'only speak to me' but...

Perhaps you have photos that 'only speak to you' that you might like to share??


 







16 comments:

  1. Not boring at all, I always love photo's of cats. Do you have a house full of fur like we do? Ours are moulting at the moment and the fluffy's are leaving great lumps of fur all over the place.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh most definitely... sucking up cat hair from the corners and furniture is a daily task around here. But it's worth it, yes?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I would think so too, Joanne... but there are some that wouldn't agree.

      Delete
  3. I just love that one of Ghost helping you read. And your teacups are so much fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ghost is an odd one... but we love her. And I do enjoy my teacups (and it's nice to know others share their charm)

      Delete
  4. I think these photos would speak to many and they certainly give us a sense of you. I enjoyed this post very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olga. I think the things we find fascinating... whether cats or teacups, etc. define us (and I enjoy glimpsing into another's world).

      Delete
  5. Ghost helping you read was priceless and you can't beat a beverage and a good book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unless it's a cup of tea, a good book... and a cat!

      Delete
  6. Dear Rian, thank you for the book suggestion--I'm a real tea drinker and reader so that first photo of a poster said it all for me! The cat photos also spoke to me because I'm also a cat lover. I've had two books published that were "given" to me by Dulcy, the cat with whom I lived for 17 1/2 years. Her books are "A Cat's Life: Dulcy's Story," published by Crown, and "A Cat's Legacy: Dulcy's Story," published by Wayman. They really are stories about the relationship between Dulcy and me. She was so sweet. Now I live with three cats (Ellie, Maggie, and Matthew) who delight my life. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, I can see how cats inspire... I've written many a poem and story about our cats. One poem was actually about just these things: "Give me a garden and a cat, beauty and quiet contemplation, add a favorite book and a cup of tea. These are the wonders of the world... to me." I'm no poet, but it does express my feelings. Congrats on your books!

      Delete
    2. Dear Rian, thank you for sharing the poem. Do you ever share any of your poetry in your blog postings? I'd surely be interested. Peace.

      Delete
    3. Dee, I may have at some time. I've been online journaling and blogging for so long that I don't remember. I know that at one time I had some on my 'old' website. But I'll think about sharing them...

      Delete
  7. I agree with one reader who said these photos "certainly give us a sense of you." And, I like that. I enjoyed them all, but my favorite is at your work station in the front room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it only showed "part" of the room... as sometimes with all the quilting fabric, clay,or watercolor paraphernalia, it does get a bit messy.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...