Translate

Saturday, March 23, 2024

Bare with me...

Just to warn you, I'm in a strange place... (not geographically - which by the way apparently isn't taught in school anymore?... at least my granddaughter says she's not familiar with 'geography').

My monkey mind is jumping all over the place today. But it's good (I think).

Anyway, first, I want to share this comic with you:


I burst out laughing when I saw this as I've done this with DH... especially if he's snoring loudly and suddenly stops. And recently he admitted to doing the same with me... (ha!)


Now I have to share this product with you that my daughter discovered and sent the info to me. I finally found it and have to say that it is pretty great. I'm not an ice-cream fanatic (DH is) and I do like Dark Chocolate Dove Bars, but this may surpass them. It's called Salted Caramel Truffle Gelato by Talenti. Try it! I did... now I'm hooked. (Warning:$$$)




And Friday morning DH and I went to the Senior Center to walk. After walking, we went to the library and he perused puzzles while I picked up 2 books to take home. Then we headed over to the cafeteria for coffee. 

While there, one lady passed by and asked me if the book (which was laying on the table) was good. Told her I hadn't read it yet... just picked it up... so I didn't know. Then another couple came by as we were leaving and said hello and asked if they could sit there. Told them we were just leaving as we were only having coffee and the people coming in for lunch might need the table. We talked a minute and then left. None of this is that interesting, I realize, but it's one of the few encounters we've had. Everyone seems friendly enough, we've just not spent a lot of time there.


And lastly, I'm adding pics of my trug garden (which did awful last year). But so far this spring, it's doing well. 


From left to right: Kale, Romaine, and Collard Greens


And yes, I 'talk' to these plants also. I think they like it (but not sure about the dog behind the fence as he barks when he hears me).  But we took a taste test yesterday of these and decided they would do well in our salads. (I love salads - but only eat them at home - as once at a restaurant years ago I found a sliver of glass in my salad).

Enough! As I said at the start of this post, my monkey mind is jumping all over the place these days. Maybe it has to do with my recent B-12 injection? I usually get them every month, but this time I let it go 2 months (just forgot) and realized it when I began to feel extremely tired. Anyway, that was 2 days ago. Now I seem to be in high gear - and I'm a very low gear person normally. 

Still... if you're still with me, thanks for reading. It's Saturday so hope you have a lovely weekend! 


Hugs (virtually),

Rian








20 comments:

  1. Rian, I love it when you jump around, especially with tasty things like that Gelato and your awesome looking greens garden! Nice job! 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Gelato is really good... and my green garden is small, but tasty! Dug, hope you're continuing to feel better.

      Delete
  2. I check that himself is still breathing too - particularly if he has been asleep for twelve hours or more. Glad that the Senior Centre is working out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both still breathing, EC! And yes, the Senior Center is working out well for us... as we 'slowly' take advantage of it's opportunities and activities.

      Delete
  3. That gelato looks soooo yummy! Worth the splurge, I'm sure.

    You garden greens look terrific! We didn't get the 15 cm of snow that was forecast, but we did get a couple of inches, it looks like. Sigh. It'll be gone this coming week, but even so, it was a depressing sight. Lol.

    I have tried B Complex a few times in recent months, one capsule at 6 AM the three times I tried it. I was still awake at 1:30 AM that night/morning each time I tried it, NOT exaggerating, so I have given up on that. A long winded way to say that I am not surprised you're wired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the gelato is definitely worth the splurge, Kim! Your snow is always beautiful... but yikes! I don't do well in the cold.
      I'm always low on B-12 and D3. I take the D3 capsules daily (when I remember) and tried B-12 liquid for a while... apparently my body doesn't assimilate it when taken orally, so we're trying the injections. They don't seem to bother my sleep, but my mind seems to jump around (not sure it has to do with the B-12 - but who knows?)

      Delete
  4. How fun, books and veggies all at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love fresh young veggies in my salad. Sometimes when they're older, I find them bitter. But the young leaves are delicious.

      Delete
  5. I love gelato and I just looked it up. We have a supermarket here that carries it. We will have to go there and try it. Thank you for your recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one I tried was Salted Caramel Truffle... so-oo good!

      Delete
  6. I had to look up trug garden. I thought it was a plant or a trench. Seems to be a fancy type of raised garden planter. I just bought a cheap one from WalMart, but want to treat the wood pieces before I put it together. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I didn't know what a trug was either until I saw it on Debbie's blog. Then I ordered one and have been trying to get it going since last spring. Good luck with yours! I'd love to see pics!

      Delete
  7. I think I'll skip the gelato, since I'm already getting more sweets than I should! I also love your jumping around posts. They are very entertaining. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand about the Gelato, DJan. But my one small jar lasts me almost a week as I take a few bites every few days. But it really is expensive and not something one would buy too often.

      Delete
  8. I am married to a snorer who has not been snoring much lately. I am guilty of checking his breathing all night. - he is perfectly fine. Probably better when not snoring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Merry, I guess it's good to know that we're not the only ones that do this...

      Delete
  9. You have never written a bad or boring post. I enjoy everything you write. Dan and I are hooked on ice cream...every night after supper. He is hooked on Tillamook which I think is expensive. He says it is worth every penny. :) I am happy with Breyers. The cartoon is funny, but I've done that too. Oh, and yes, I would love to have just one litter of baby bunnies. Can you imagine how adorable they would be. If I knew they would sell...and to good homes, that would be a good way to pay for Willow's spay. But then, what if I can't part with them? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Henny! I'm not hooked on ice-cream (DH is) and does have it 'almost' every night... whereas I'm happy to have a half bowl of cheerio's before bed. But this Talenti salted caramel truffle is so good that it should be tried at least once.
      As for the baby bunnies, yes, they would be adorable and you might have difficulty parting with them... but the idea is tempting, yes?

      Delete
  10. this is a fun post, your words do not have to be as exciting as you think they should!! i am not an ice cream person either, chuck is. but i am going to try that as it sounds very good!! i hope you had a nice easter weekend!! ooooooh and the garden looks awesome, it is still to early for me to start mine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, that gelato is super good. Try it! And yes, we had a nice Easter weekend (but not sure why my Easter post disappeared?). As for the garden, it is doing really well... am enjoying the greens in my salads!

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...