Translate

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Forgot to post...

small hand apple pie
Today was a cool sunny Sunday. I made small apple, caramel, and pecan hand pies to go with our coffee this afternoon. Haven't made these in a long time. Besides, I needed to cook down some apples to go with our pork chops this evening. 

I also spent part of the day de-cluttering so we can start cleaning for Thanksgiving this coming week, worked a little on my clay critters, picked up some batting that was on sale for quilting at Joann's, and then read for a little while with the cats.

If you look at the next picture, you will see that as I was reading a cozy mystery called "Cat Seeing Double". I looked down at the 2 cats laying by me... and thought, "How apropo...'





In the evenings while DH and I watch TV, the 4 cats generally have their specific places in the room. Ghost stays pretty much on the rug if she doesn't ask DH to give up his armchair for her (she will go sit right by his chair and demurely look up at him waiting for him to move - which he will).  But if she's lying on the rug, I tend to play with her (if Tux is not sitting on my lap and wanting my undivided attention) by throwing sock balls at her. In this next pic you can see she is gathering together her catch.



"Mine..."

Oh yes, this is what we found this weekend after all the rain lately... the seed in the birdfeeder has sprouted and the birdfeeder out front is actually growing it's own birdseed.  How about that? 




Guess it really needs a good scrubbing out....

And I will close tonight with a picture of one of the feral cats in the bushes out front.


"You can't see me... can you?"











14 comments:

  1. That photo of Ghost gathering the sock balls made me smile. So cute! Silly girl. :-)

    I'm looking for cosy mysteries to read, preferably ones that feature animals. I'm currently making my way through Rita Mae Brown's Mrs. Murphy series, I think I'm on book 5 now. A long way to go. I'll have to Google Shirley Rousseau Murphy.

    I love that your bird feeder is growing its own seed. It's self-sustaining!

    And you can barely see the feral. S/he actually is pretty well hidden in there.

    Enjoy that yummy pie, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ghost is a strange cat. She likes to play... on her own terms. One minute she's playing, next she's hissing at you, then she comes back to play more. And she's a creature of habit. At night when I read my cozy mysteries in bed, I use a book light (not to disturb DH). It throws shadows on the wall... and each night before Ghost climbs into the bed, she sits by the wall and plays with the shadows made by the booklight (and my hands). She will watch for a long time, then run over and jump at them.

      Delete
  2. bird seed sprouting, what a hoot, mine would be too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn bird seed had really taken root. Maybe because the birdfeeder is a hollowed out gourd, the growth was fairly well established. We had to work hard to get it out to refill with regular seed.

      Delete
  3. Lovely pictures of your fur babies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cat liked socks--the smellier the better. Fortunately for him, my husband kept him well supplied!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute photos, Rian. Love that Ghost. There would be no seed sprouting here.The birds are eating the seed faster than I can put it out. They are preparing for what's ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, winter may be upon us. However, it's November and still fairly warm here.

      Delete
  6. The pies sound good, wish I had one now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make a pretty good snack with coffee (or tea), John.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...