Translate

Saturday, February 23, 2019

funny, interesting, and a little strange...



This made me laugh...

Came across 2 pictures this week that were interesting. This first one made me laugh... so simple, but so funny.

This next one was on the National Geographic site that pops up on my iPhone... very unusual and definitely interesting.



You probably saw it somewhere also... but apparently it's the way the sun hits the falls this time of year that makes it look like flowing lava.

I didn't plan on posting about this, but my original thoughts were a bit strange. I started with this...

Have you ever have something happen and know that it was a 'sign'?  I know this sounds strange and maybe it is, but I feel that things like this happen more often than we may realize - and only occasionally are we 'aware' of the significance. 

Recently something like this happened to me and although I won't go into exactly what it concerned, I am convinced that it was the sign I asked for. Was it actually? Or was it just a coincidence? Some people believe there are no coincidences (I've heard this on detective shows). There's no way to know for sure, but I choose to believe it was the sign I specifically asked for.... and this is enough for me. 


Has this ever happened to you?



17 comments:

  1. Many, many times. I call them "syncronicities," events that call me to realize that there is so much more to life than we are aware. I hope it was a sign that brings happiness into your sphere. I don't believe in coincidence, either. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did bring happiness... thanks, DJan. A long time ago I read James Redfield's book, A Celestine Prophecy"... about synchronicity.

      Delete
  2. Yes, it has, though I've always wondered if it *really* was a sign or just my human brain creating meaning where there is none. I'm pretty sure the Universe has "hit me over the head" many times, but being too dense or too logical, I've missed those "signs." LOL.

    That cartoon made me laugh too! I actually hadn't seen either of those images. The one of Yosemite is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do wonder about that, Kim. And since we'll probably never really know, I choose to believe. And I too have probably been "hit over the head" many times and missed possible signs. ;)

      Delete
  3. It happens often enough for my sister to convince me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a comforting thought that Someone or Something out there is paying attention.

      Delete
  4. Christians sometimes say instead of coincidence, it is a Godincidence. Somewhat like a sign.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had this happen lots of times, saved me from many an accident or foretold some good luck, I can remember once I found a feather near the gate to our lavender farm and just knew it was a good sign. Been to Yosemite many times but never in February when the falls are red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a butterfly land on me... at a specific time in my life... and considered it a sign (whether it was or not, it made me happy).

      Delete
  6. Yes, I've had the same feeling or sense several times in my life. The most recent was last summer and I'm so glad as it brought some peace.

    Love the cartoon, that is so funny! I hadn't seen the photo of Yosemite either, very awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes something so simple can make you laugh... and its good to laugh.

      Delete
  7. The bunnies made me smile also and Yosemite shot is stunning.
    I have had those times when an unintended event enters my life with perfect timing. Since it is usually a good thing, I am just grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Rian, I absolutely believe in signs. Two weeks ago I posted about not being sure of writing. The very next day, I got a call from a friend who manages a newspaper in Idaho. She asked if I'd write a weekly article (250 words) about pets! Now that was a sign because she hadn't read my posting. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...