Translate

Thursday, November 7, 2019

a new addition...


Snuffy on bed with Tux

Recently fell in love with this little guy while walking at the mall with DH. Originally planned to give it to grand daughter (since her birthday and Christmas are both coming up) - but soon realized that I didn't want to part with him. He now sits (along with cats) on top of our bed!


I have always been interested in elephants (and crows) and have an elephant picture that I inherited from my brother in our bedroom. See below.


They are such majestic animals... as is our Tux.


The weather this week is cold and rainy... so the cats and I are spending our days by the fireplace. 


It seems the smartest thing to do. And DH and I both got our flu shots this week... so taking it easy and out of the weather seems like a good idea.

A few more pics here at the end that I took at Neiman Marcus when DH and I were walking at the mall Monday. Christmas is everywhere already... (abeit a bit early)!










    Love the bear tree best!











By the way, I named the elephant Snuffy for Snuffaluffagus...

I should be wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving instead of posting Christmas decorations, but we seem to go right from Halloween into Christmas these days. And besides, I don't really have much in the way of Thanksgiving decorations.  It seems to be more about family and food (which is always fun -although sometimes a lot of work).

But I guess we're now on the big countdown from Halloween to Thanksgiving to Christmas. Always lots to do (hope I'm still up to it).  But as the mantra goes, "Breathe in, breathe out, move on!"

Hugs,
Rian












12 comments:

  1. That elephant is adorable. I'd have found him/her hard to resist, as well.

    I love the pic by the fire...it looks so cosy and welcoming. We've had our first snowfall of the season today, quite early even for us, and though it's melting, it still makes me want to go home and curl up with a cup of tea, in front of my non-existent fireplace. LOL.

    As for your Thanksgiving...I'm glad that we celebrate in October in Canada. Spaces things out a bit better!

    Take care, stay snug. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I hope you got to go home and curl up with your cup of tea! And yes, our holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas are a bit close together - especially when it comes down to having a big get-together and dinner at home for both.

      Delete
  2. Ah yes, too much pre-Christmas for me, although my life these days if far lest hectic. No church activities, no school shows, no secret Santas. I decorate only a tree and put up lots of candles and that seems to reflect the spirit of Christmas far more than all those mall decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Tabor. And as beautiful as those trees and Santas are... they cost a bundle. Pretty to look at, but a bit out of most of our range. DH and I do put up a real tree each year - mainly because it's our inside cats treat since they don't get to be around real trees. They love it, sleep under it, climb it, knock ornaments off, etc. - but it's OK with us - and we love that Christmas tree smell.

      Delete
  3. He's a cute addition to your snugglies. I too wonder when we decided to start Christmas so soon. It used to be right after Thanksgiving. No more. Love your cozy little place to stay warm and snug. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how something 'gets to you' for whatever reason. But when I saw that elephant, I just couldn't resist (Plus he was 40% off which helped make the decision). He does look cute on our bed... and is a welcome addition when the cats and I nap.

      Delete
  4. Love your elephant - he's absolutely adorable! As for Christmas, someone on another blog posted there are only 47 days left. That seems very close!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The holidays are coming up fast. So is next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too fast for me. As for the New Year... DH and I celebrate it pretty quiet with just a glass of home-made eggnog by the fire. I do look forward to that.

      Delete
  6. Huge fan of elephants here and can see why you kept him. Me too on the bear tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter has about 6 large trees she covers with white birds or squirrels or something at her place in Bulverde. I sent her a pic of the bear tree...

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...