Translate

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

late Father's Day post... and other things

This last week has been one thing after another. I'm not going to mention everything, but it seems like we keep experiencing or hearing about things that tend to be not uplifting

It started last weekend when DH woke up with the left side of his face drooping. He had had a strange ear-ache the night before, but it wasn't bad and we didn't think much about it.  But with the drooping, we worried that it could possibly be a mild stroke (tia?), so we went to the doctor's Monday. He diagnosed Bell's Palsy and put him on steroids and an ointment for his left eye.

We also tape up his left eye at night as it doesn't close completely. I've heard of this before, but have never known anyone who had it. They think it's caused by a virus. One of my daughter-in-laws (nurse) said that they have been seeing more of this (Bell's Palsy) lately... and some research is being done on whether it's related in any way to Covid. It hasn't gotten any worse... and may be a bit better... but we're supposed to see an ENT sometime this week.

Another friend lost her daughter to breast cancer recently and her sister just fell (83) in her home and hit her head. She has a brain bleed and is in the trauma center in New Orleans. Then our daughter called last night to say that her best friend's mom was ill with what they thought was the flu when she passed out and started having seizures. She was rushed to the hospital.

I'm like... what is happening? I know we're all old, but does everything happen at once?


***************************


I'm writing this on Father's Day (Sunday), but will probably not post it until Tuesday. I have more to say, but oldest son and his wife are coming in for a visit and I have things to do. Monday our granddaughter is spending the day, so blogging is probably not on the horizon until Tuesday... or later. 


Now Tuesday:  

We had a wonderful visit with oldest son and his wife Sunday. Ate, talked,  ... and talked and talked! They also brought Winston, their Golden Doodle... who would get excited when he saw the ferals in the backyard through the kitchen door. The ferals didn't pay much attention to him - since they were outside and he was inside.

Yesterday we had our granddaughter for the day. Spent some time outside, then walked in the mall, then home to play games, eat lunch, and watch a movie. I'd never played Jenga... built a pretty high tower too before it fell.




Now for some cute pics of Bun Bun's latest baby bunny batch. She apparently had 3 blacks and 3 whites this time:




 


That's it folks! The strange, the fun, and the cute! Life seems to be bringing it all... Guess we'll take it, enjoy what we can, and get through the rest as best we can. 

I hope you all had a nice Father's Day - either with your fathers or with the memory. My dad was a wonderful man. Loved him dearly... and still miss him today. But I know he's still around (and not only in my heart).


Closing with this pic I came across on Pinterest. Loved it! 




Thanks for reading this jumble of a post... and if I haven't commented much on posts lately, it's just been that sort of a week (or weeks).  

Hugs (virtual),

Rian

24 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh, I'm sorry for all the difficulties your husband, you, and those in your extended circle are experiencing. I don't know why everything seems to happen at once, life certainly doesn't make sense to me.

    I'm glad you had a wonderful family visit on Sunday and Monday, though! Those baby bunnies are just so precious.

    Sending you all lots of positive healing energy, Rian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the healing energy! I do believe that good thoughts and prayers are powerful...

      Delete
  2. so sorry to read about your husband, hopefully it will not be a serious issue and his full health will return soon. bell's palsy has become a little more common, my sister-in-law had it recently and it seemed to resolve itself pretty quickly!!

    those bunnies are adorable, they do not look real!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. It seems to be getting better. The fact that Bell's Palsy has become a little more common is worrying. Why now?
      And yes, the baby bunnies are adorable...

      Delete
  3. Rian, I sure am sorry to read that about your husband and the Bell's Palsy. I need to google that, I've been hearing that more & more this past year? I'm very sorry for your friend's daughter & sister too, I'm glad she has a friend in you. Anyway, glad you enjoyed your visit with your oldest son (I sure miss talking to my mom!!) and always enjoy seeing your granddaughter here. I was thinking of you a couple nights ago, they showed a man on the news, he'd stopped to rescue a kitten on the road and a couple dozen other kittens suddenly started running out of the weeds to him! The man was overwhelmed and kept yelling "omigod!" but rescued them all. :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand, Dug. There are many times when we see a feral mama bring her kittens (sometimes 5) to our yard to eat... and we think the same thing "omigod!" (but they are welcome)

      Delete
  4. Had a friend once with Bell's Palsy and he recovered completely. Praying DH does too.
    Looks like you had fun with your grand playing Jenga. Always wanted to try that.
    Nothing cuter than baby bunnies.. I was wondering how the two colors would turn out. No spotted one though which would have been interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time playing Jenga, Patti. Thought the tower would fall a long time before it did...
      As for the bunnies, I haven't seen them all close up (just the pics my daughter sends), so I don't know if all are solid colored or not. Bun Bun is black and white, so it's possible.

      Delete
  5. I am very, very glad that you had some uplifting moments as well. I do hope that your husband recovers quickly and completely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. Sometimes things get a bit overwhelming, but if I take time to breathe, it generally gets better.

      Delete
  6. I hope your husband recovers from the Bell's Palsy. It's tough times for sure for so many.

    Love the little bunnies. Do they adopt them out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mae. And yes, they hope to adopt the little bunnies out.

      Delete
  7. I sorry for the Bell's Palsy misfortune, but how nice to have a day with a granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne. It is always nice to have a day with our granddaughter. She is a pistol and wears me out, but I love it.

      Delete
  8. I didn't know Bell's Palsy is caused by a virus (at least they think so). I got all caught up yesterday in the Jan6 hearings and the day got away from me. I was reading your post when I just had to stop and climb into bed. It's Wednesday already, but so glad to hear things are getting better in your neck of the woods. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't watch those hearings... makes me too anxious and frustrated that despite it all, nothing will be done (although I do see a little about it on the news). And yes, things are getting a bit better. Life goes on (at least we hope it does).

      Delete
  9. You always write a wonderful post. I'm sure sorry to hear about your husband and Bells Palsy. I've never heard of such but will certainly look it up. You have had a lot going on. I'm telling you, those bunnies are adorable! and here I was just getting "bunnies" out of my head! :) Looks like I just may have to find myself one. I even dreamed about having a bunny the other night and it was the cutest one ever...had realy long legs. :) Hope your get well very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told my daughter about you, Henny. Told her that if it were possible, she should mail you a baby bunny (or 2). She plans to adopt them out... but knowing her, it will be hard to give them up.

      Delete
  10. Hardships do seem to happen all at once. Sometimes I hope I'm strong enough to take it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...