Translate

Thursday, October 12, 2023

not sure what this is...



Every once in a while this happens. I feel 'down'... can't quite explain it... maybe it comes with age? When I'm in this state, nothing interests me. All the things I could be doing, I don't want to do. Things that normally make me happy... don't. Truth be told, I can't think of anything to perk me up.

Luckily there's always the routine of the morning to keep me going. And sometimes I can come up with something different or if not different, at least 'active'. This morning I awoke this way and after a normal routine (coffee, toast, emails, etc.), decided that DH and I  should probably go to the Senior Center and at least walk... which we did. We also tried out one of the stationary bikes in the gym,  had a cup of coffee in the cafeteria,  and visited the library there.

Now this afternoon I have the dreaded dentist appointment (I really hate it - but make myself go anyway - I'm such a wimp). Trouble is I've had one of my front lower teeth 'stinging' a bit lately... off and on. Could be the beginning of a small cavity - something I hardly ever get, but best check it out.

Wish I could think of something fun to share with you today, but nothing comes to mind. Sorry. 

Oh, one really nice thing about today is that it was 64 F when we went out this morning. That was a shock! I almost needed a jacket... probably would have if I hadn't been too lazy to go back into the house to get one.

Hope your day is good! Thanks for letting me vent.


Hugs (virtual),

Rian


15 comments:

  1. Vent to your heart's content. Better out than in. I hope you emerge from that dark space soon. Good luck at the dentist. Mine is a lovely woman and I still dread going to see her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better by afternoon, thanks. And dentist was an easy one... no cavity, pressure area... need nightguard.

      Delete
  2. When I have moments like that, I often put it down to boredom. Changing up my routine or doing something pampering - even a long bath or a a foot soak can often improve my mood. Sounds like you did the former - hope it helped with your mood. As the saying goes, a change is as good as a rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did help... just getting up and out seems to help, Mae (and a relaxing bath does sound good).

      Delete
  3. Rian, I know just what you mean--I get those feelings too on occasion and at least I know (as I'm sure you do) that they'll pass. In fact, when dark settled in so early last night I thought "I'm not ready for nightfall at 5:20" but I AM ready for no more heatwaves and I have no room to talk after what you & Texas went through! I almost laughed at your 64F being jacket weather too! I guess for you, that WOULD be pretty cool. :^) So please continue venting, we always enjoy reading what you have to say. :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those feelings do pass... (and I have to wonder how awful it must be for those who live with those feelings long term). Mine may have had to do with the fact that I have 2 friends dealing with serious health issues and then this crazy Israel/Gaza thing... sometimes it's just too much.
      But aside from that - dern it Dug! 64 F IS PRETTY CHILLY! (but definitely not complaining)

      Delete
  4. I had to laugh; we almost made it to 64 today, but not quite. I find it on the warm side. And I too have been having a tough time with the news. My hike today and the subsequent forest bathing set me right. It happens to all of us who care and have feelings. I saw my dentist just yesterday, and I don't like it either, but now it's past, and I'm a little bit poorer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, DJan? 64 is on the warm side?? Whatever side it's on, it's heaven...
      As for the dentist, I really really don't like it, but have gotten a little better about it over the last few years.

      Delete
  5. Getting out of the house often is a good cure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't like going to the dentist either. and i am going to have to go because i broke a front tooth!! my teeth are a problem because of the medication i take for MS. whenever you feel down, try to think about how lucky you are. that's what i do. my health has been so bad lately that when i am feeling "kinda' sad" i think about the down days and it helps me appreciate those good days and it helps me to feel happy!! i hope you were able to follow that!!

    music makes me feel better and believe it or not cleaning does as well!! nothing feels better than getting outside, fresh air and taking some pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do do that... think about how so many people have real difficulties to deal with... my 'inconveniences' are no more than that compared to theirs. When I see homeless or disabled people in wheelchairs going down the street alone... I wonder how they do it and say a silent prayer for them. I think possibly everyone goes through times when they just feel sad... luckily it passes... and life becomes good again.

      Delete
    2. but you are right, i think everyone has down days!!

      Delete
  7. Oh dear.... I'm not looking forward to my next dentist visit either. I feel like my teeth are moving. But yes... there are those days where our mood can take a whole lot of something to perk us up. A 64 degree day would feel great in sweltering Hawaii right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay, just back from a rode trip to New Orleans... beautiful weather while there (70's), but just got back to Texas and actually COLD (in the 30's) here.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...