Translate

Friday, August 2, 2019

a little late... but hey

Rabbit! Rabbit! White Rabbit!


I'm writing this Thursday night... at 11:35 PM... so it's a bit late. I think you're supposed to say "Rabbit! Rabbit! White Rabbit!"  first thing in the morning when you wake up on the first day of the month. But hey, it's still August 1st for another 25 minutes... might count for something.

                                      ________________________


Next are 2 pics taken outside of various critters that we see out front. My youngest granddaughter is fascinated with them and actually has a snail and doodlebug farm in a shoebox at her house. 


snail


toad cooling off in water dish
This little toad seemed very comfortable sitting in one of the cats' water dishes out front.


finding critters on beach

And this is a picture from my cell that son sent while granddaughter was exploring a beach for more little critters...

Tomorrow is the last day for pottery classes at the college. We will have a critique, but basically its a clean up day where we need to take everything from our lockers and shelves and bring home until classes start again in a few weeks. 

I missed last week due to family in town for a few days. But we had a wonderful visit where we ate way too much (crepes, whiskey cake, fresh peach pulled pork sandwiches, etc.), and talked ourselves blue in the face into the wee hours of the morning. Needless to say, I'm knackered.... from both the getting ready (cleaning, cooking, etc.) as well as the actual running around... and staying up late (age is taking it's toll here?). But all in all, it was fun! 

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. It is TGIF! 
Thanks for dropping by. BTW, the fig tree is finally slowing down production... it sure had a great season.


Hugs, 
Rian



11 comments:

  1. Every grandchild has been fascinated by outdoor creatures. Interesting. Didn't get it from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, here we are ALL fascinated by outdoor critters... so I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

      Delete
  2. I am always the last to know... anything... but I need to know how that Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit thing got started?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Latane, I googled it to find out myself, but already forgot. But if you google it, it will explain.

      Delete
  3. I love figs, too. I would have helped eat yours if I were close by. I like that snail picture, it looks pretty big to me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally the figs are ebbing. But that tree certainly did a fantastic job producing this summer. I would have loved to have been able to share them with you, DJan.

      Delete
  4. I had not heard that saying before, I wonder where it came from? Your granddaughter looks thrilled to be out on the beach in the rain. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was... and I love that pic as it shows her real self!

      Delete
  5. Love your little critters and that adorable granddaughter. Visitors are so welcome but they do take a bit of energy we seldom tap into. Good food and great conversation make it so worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was worthwhile, Patti. I thoroughly enjoyed it... although I was exhausted for days after... still am. And will willingly do it again (but not anytime too soon).

      Delete
  6. Figs?? Something has eaten all of ours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...