Translate

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Share the joy?




Just click on the picture and it will take you to the book !

Hi, this is an exciting day for me as I'm ordering my first batch of  'author copies' of my book from Amazon.  I imagine you didn't even know that I had a book published... and why would you? I've used a Penn name (D'Arcy Regan Hart) and have avoided self-publishing for a long time. But a dear friend enjoyed my story and encouraged me to publish it. So I thought... OK, why not?  

It's called "Time After Time" and is a story told in 3 parts... about a woman in her 60's who has recently became widowed. I myself am not widowed, but have enough friends and relatives these days that are... that somehow this story unfolded in my head. It is not the great American novel, nor was it intended to be.

It is simply a story about Annie Smith who having spent the last 42 years of her life lost in the lives of her husband and children, now comes to realize that without her family to care for, she has no focus. Annie, the wife and mother, was no more. Realizing that she must come to terms with this, she embarks on a journey to re-find her former self. 

This journey takes her to the little town of Carrick Cove, Maine (fictional) - a place where a few years back, she spent an unexpected and unbelievable week. Here on a cold rainy morning, she steps out of a coffee shop into the path of an oncoming truck - and encounters a friendship that will not only change her life, but give it new direction.

This is almost word for word the description of Part One, "A Time for Kindness"... which is how the story begins. It continues in Part Two, "A Time for Herself" and then Part Three, "A Time for the Past".  It is not action-packed, but has warmth, kindness, and yes, a bit of sadness too. My hope is that the story will make you smile.

Now I'm not posting this because I expect people to run to Amazon and order it. Seriously. But I just wanted to share this moment with you - for as as much as I put this off, I do find it exciting to see my book in print.


Hugs,
Rian 






26 comments:

  1. Congratulations! The story sounds intriguing and I will definitely look for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like a small town cozy read, you may like it, Mae. It was definitely fun to write.

      Delete
  2. Wow, congratulations, this is fantastic! :-)

    If it's on Kobo I will look for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I've never heard of Kobo... but will check it out.

      Delete
  3. Rian, I am so excited for you!! I had a book self-published in 2014 and I know the feeling of getting that box of books and seeing that book cover with your name on it. I wish you all the success in the world with this. And, speaking of your book... it sounds like you wrote it about me. I know that women are going to relate, those widows especially, who have lost not only their husbands but their identity. I was there... boy, do I know that path of finding out who I was, my true, new self. I can't wait to get your book. And, I will leave a review because I have heard that the success of a book published on Amazon largely depends on the reviews they get. So, folks who buy her book... don't forget to leave a review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Latane, I would love to have you review my book. Was your book published on Amazon? I will check it out. Yes, it is exciting... more than I thought it would be. I once had an article I wrote published in a magazine. Reminds me of that feeling.

      Delete
  4. Rian, I just went over to Amazon and ordered your book. I am so looking forward to it! It sounds like just my cup of tea. Wish it was on Kindle, but never mind, I got it anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, DJan. I hope you enjoy it. I'm not into marketing, so word of mouth is my only plan. And I do intend to put it on Kindle... as soon as I figure out how to do that. It won't be everyone's cup of tea as it is just a cozy read - but this is the kind I enjoy, so...

      Delete
  5. Congrats big time. That is no small feat to complete a book. I just ordered it. This sounds very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Patti. It does feel good to have gone through with it. The process of writing is so enjoyable that it took a dear friend's prodding and encouragement for me to go through with putting it out there.
      My daughter asked, "why the Penn name, Mom?" My answer: Privacy

      Delete
  6. Good for you! Congratulations. It sounds like the sort of book many of us can relate to. If it ever comes out in the UK or on Kindle I will read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Friko. I hope to put it on Kindle... and will post the info when I get it there.

      Delete
  7. I know that feeling of holding a book in your hands that you actually wrote. It's wonderful and worth a shout-out in cyberspace. Congratulations! It's a special accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It does feel strange... and a bit scary... to put it out there for the first time.

      Delete
  8. Wonderful and thank you so much for responding to my sad writing this early morning
    you are right on target
    and what you mentioned doing, I do, just UTI is not fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t find your writing sad. But I will say that medications themselves can be a problem... at least for me. I don’t take anything... except a Tylenol for headache on occasion. Don’t know how long I’ll be able to hold out... but the reactions I get can be worse than the illness. BTW, I don’t eat breakfast, but yours sounds good!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog. Congratulations on becoming a published author. I am having difficulty getting to your book on Amazon. For me and other tech-challenged oldies, maybe linking directly to the entry for your book would help. I will keep trying regardless. And best wishes in this exciting new season of life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sorry you are having trouble. What I do is go to Amazon.com, then in the search section, put Time After Time by D’Arcy Regan Hart... Let me know if you continue to have trouble. And thanks for commenting! I really appreciate it.

      Delete
    2. LC, I linked the picture of my book to Amazon as you suggested. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks for the hint. At least this way it will be easy for people to check it out and see if it might be something they'd like to read. Do let me know if the link is a help.

      Delete
  10. congratulations, how very exciting for you!! good luck and best wishes, i hope the book does well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. Just seeing it in print is exciting. If a few people enjoy the story, I'll be happy.

      Delete
  11. Dear Rian, of course, I'm going right to Amazon to order a copy. I so look forward to reading it. And I am so happy for you that you wrote it and published it and are now sharing this good news with us. Congratulations! What an achievement. Okay. Here I go over to Amazon for my e-book! Thanks for letting us know. Peace and every good blessing on your book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Rian, I went to Amazon and saw that at this point there's no e-book, so I ordered the paper/print book. I'm so looking forward to reading it. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dee. I really hope you enjoy it. Writing it was so much more enjoyable than trying to get it published. But I have a friend that really was a big help and kept encouraging me to do it. And I have to admit, it is exciting to actually see it in print. I do plan to put it on Kindle eventually. But it took me a while to figure out how to get it on Amazon... all that proofing, etc.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...