Translate

Thursday, August 8, 2019

the sweetest thing...

Gizmo

Oldest grand daughter (17)  found this little kitten at a gas station last week.  My daughter sent me this pic of them both napping. 

More pics...

the sweetest thing


I think he's found a home... what do you think?

Other news on the horizon:

First - Thanks to all of you who shared my joy with the publishing of my book, "Time After Time"!  It's a good feeling to scratch something off my very small bucket list. But at the ripe old age of 74, time was running short. 

On that same 'time was/is running short' theme... I will mention here also that I've been very concerned that my 'radiation' cough has gotten worse lately. Now I cough so much in the morning and sometimes after I eat or drink - that I choke and my eyes water and nose runs. Also I cough up very thick mucus. And when this happens, my nasal airway closes up and I have to breathe through my mouth. The episode doesn't last too long, but it's worrisome (and I hope I didn't gross you out too much). 

I know some of the reasons this could be happening. And of course one of them is that my Breast Cancer could have metastasized to my lungs.  This was my worst fear.  However, this worry was put aside yesterday when I went for my annual Oncololgist's appointment. He both listened to my lungs and x-rayed them. Said that they were clear - no problem there. Thank goodness! What a relief!

However, he mentioned that other things that could cause these symptoms were reflux, asthma, and aspiration... and wants me to have a breathing/swallowing test run in the near future. I will do this, but probably not until September. We hope to visit our son in Hawaii in a few weeks... and that's the priority on my agenda now. 

If anyone out there is even halfway familiar with these symptoms (which I have put off as due to 'old age' for a long time), I would appreciate your input. 

But now I have another reason to celebrate besides the book being published! My worst fear hasn't come to pass.


Hugs,
Rian





21 comments:

  1. I found a kitty pretty much the same way. So glad your daughter and granddaughter are much younger.
    I have those symptoms when I bend over and tie my shoes. I hate it. Looking forward to hearing your results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter has said previously that she wouldn't be taking in any more animals. They have 2 horses, 2 dogs (one a Great Dane!), one cat (now 2), about a dozen chickens, several large land turtles, and fish. But I guess it's hard to say no to that little face...

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry I can't help with any advice, but I would like to say I'm so glad it wasn't your worst fear!! That little kitten is ridiculously adorable. As well, congratulations on publishing your book - you've accomplished something that many, many people have not! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn. Yes, I am very relieved... although it would be nice to know what is causing this cough. And I am certainly happy about the book... glad I finally put it out there.

      Delete
  3. Sounds very much like reflux to me. Tom has to take Gaviscone after every meal as he coughs otherwise, lets hope you get it fixed soon. The lovely little kitten reminded me of our Kitty, the cat that i loved so much.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could very well be reflux, Briony. Does your husband also cough in the morning - before he eats or drinks anything? And do certain things (like coffee or chocolate) affect him more?

      Delete
  4. Oh, that kitten is precious. ♥

    I, too, am glad your coughing/choking wasn't your worst fear. I cough a lot, usually in the mornings when I get up or even at night when I turn over in bed, and often choke while eating (eating too quickly, not chewing well, I think). The coughing, for me, is sinus and allergy related. I have a steroid nasal spray that I used regularly last year and use off and on now. If I don't use it for a few days I do notice an increase in my coughing and in that "thick" feeling at the back of my throat. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sinus and allergy or allergic allergy could be the answer too - according to my Oncologist. My family physician did give me a nasal spray to try. I haven't tried it yet.

      Delete
  5. Sorry, no direct comparison with your cough. I choke myself occasionally when eating and drinking (water) at the same time. I think I have a complicated swallowing mechanism which accounts for it.
    What a darling little kitten, I am glad it’s found a home. I once acquired a kitten the same way, it was the runt of the litter and probably abandoned by mum. It lived with me to a ripe old age.

    I hope your health checks come out clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Friko. The doctor did recommend a breathing/swallowing test. We shall see.

      Delete
  6. Such a cute kitty. And yes, he's got a home. I received your book yesterday and started reading it. I already love the character. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is cute, I'd admit. And yes, I do believe he has got a home. Thanks for the update on the book. I will be more than happy to hear your comments and criticisms.

      Delete
  7. Cute little kitten. I am sure he (or she) found a perfect home where he will be loved and cared for.

    Good luck solving the medical mystery and speedy resolution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he will be spoiled rotten... as are all their animals (and I can't talk as ours are spoiled too).

      Delete
  8. I'm glad to hear your fears have been put at ease. Good luck with the tests in September.

    OMC that is one cute kitten! Your granddaughter was a sweetheart to rescue him. I'm sure he's found his forever home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mae. It does look like he's found his forever home. She is calling him 'Gizmo'.

      Delete
  9. Loved the crossed paws shot. What a cutie. I have COPD/Asthma but shortness of breath is my only problem and an inhaler helps enormously. No cough. Sure hope you get an answer soon. Really glad you are staying on top of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti! Isn't that a cute pic? I don't have shortness of breath, but do cough a lot. However, I will check it out more once we get back from visiting my son. Hope your COPD is under control.

      Delete
  10. Dear Rian, so glad that your worse fear wasn't based on reality. Your book is coming soon. I'm eager to read it. I mostly read e-books because of vision problems due to Glaucoma, but perhaps I'll be able to read yours. I so hope so. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Rian, your book came yesterday--Saturday--and I'm pretty sure I can read it--the type and spacing between lines is okay for my vision!!!! I'm looking forward. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, I'm so glad the print is OK for you. I have another friend who has the same trouble and she uses Kindle too. As I mentioned before, I do plan to put it on Kindle - just haven't gotten around to it yet.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...