Translate

Monday, August 17, 2020

Living virtually...

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Laptop was in the shop. 

I'm going to share with you how I've been living virtually through the magic of technology.  And believe me, in this day and times - living virtually is the way to go.  Reality at the moment is not much fun. 



Nintendo Switch "Animal Crossing"



my avatar and her wardrobe


Yes, I've got an avatar.  Next is a picture of her in her garden - (something I can't actually have here due to the shade in our back by the creek and the wildlife in the front and back). But in my virtual reality I can garden as much as I want, water my plants, grow flowers, plants, and trees, etc.  I can even share my flowers and fruit with neighbors. We get apples, pears, and coconuts on the island.








beach front property


I can also swim in the ocean (since I don't swim in real life - I love this!), walk the beach at night, fish, catch butterflies, take trips to other islands, play games with other residents, watch the fireworks at night, etc.  

And Joanne, I can also weave! Just got myself a working loom (not saying it's anything like the real thing,  but still the closest I'll ever come to weaving - it works too). The neat thing is that all of these things work. The lamps light, the sewing machine sews, the loom weaves, the espresso machine makes coffee, etc. 





Normally I'm not a gamer. Don't even play cards - and until this was given to me by my grandson (who is an active gamer), I would never have even considered it.  

And for those of you who don't want to play with strangers online, let me tell you that you don't have to do this. I only play with the computer AI's (or whatever they're calledbut you can set it up to play just with the specific friend or friends you want (no one else) - and if you do this, you can visit each other on their personal islands. This could be fun?

Anyway, this is how I've spent the week (without my laptop). Oh, I also did some cooking (made meatballs and spaghetti, and sour cream hatch pepper chicken enchiladas - enough to eat some and freeze some). And finally received the yarn I'd ordered - so started on a blue and white crochet afghan... 

That's been my week... nothing exciting, but OK. The feral kittens are adorable . The 5 of them keep us entertained as they tumble and play with each other.  So far they have stayed close to here - although we know eventually they will wander off. We will miss them.

Hope I didn't bore you overmuch with this game, and perhaps it's my age showing, but I'm impressed with the details and motion involved. I've never played anything like this and find it fascinating.

Anyhow thanks for reading. Please stay well and stay safe. 

Hugs,
Rian


14 comments:

  1. As long as you are having fun, it keeps one's mind off the rest of the shenanigans happening in the real world. I play a few puzzle games myself, but ignore the chat function.

    Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never do any chats... either. This game doesn’t have chats, but I know they exist on some game sites.

      Delete
  2. That's a two harness rug loom. The Union Loom Company was located in NY, at the beginning of the 20th century. The looms are still circulating and making rugs.
    Laura told me the other day, Guess what? I got a loom. She got an inkle loom, a rudimentary loom. What a shock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about that? A two harness rug loom, huh? Well, see... I learned something new.
      And Laura is following in your footsteps!

      Delete
  3. That game sounds like fun! And I am so glad to know you are back after your hiatus. I miss you when you're not around in my news feed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS fun! I've never played Wi or any of those virtual reality goggles things... so this game wowed me. I like 'feeling' the pull on my line when fishing, etc.
      And DJan, I always look for your comment after posting, so thank you for always responding.

      Delete
  4. I am not a gamer but that really looks like fun and great escapism for these limited times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a great escape, Patti. And I choose to believe that possibly learning something new and all that it entails is good for my mind... ??

      Delete
  5. I have never played a computer game. I wouldn’t know where to start. Or how. But it certainly sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky for me I have my grandson (21) living with us who knows all the ins and outs of gaming. I am amazed at how real and interactive it is... truly a virtual life. I guess for those of us who didn't even have a TV until 8, it all seems extremely fascinating.

      Delete
  6. So true, living virtually is the only way to go these days. I now have a Ph.D. in Zooming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We Zoom and Skype, Tom.... new things learned, yes?

      Delete
  7. i don't play computer games but this looks interesting and super fun!! perhaps a great way to pass the time!!

    and bored, not me...you saw what i posted about today. it is getting harder to find topics to post about!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'm ever bored, Debbie. I might be a little down on occasion due to the situation we're all in, but never bored. There are too many things available to us through books and technology as well as things that need doing around the house. As for this game, it's like living a life that you may never have, but can enjoy virtually.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...