For those of you that know about my recent dreaded dental procedure, I will say that it went very well. Besides taking a Valium (which those who know me know that I DON'T take pills) the Endodonist also used Nitrous gas... and I have to say that although the procedure was long (about an hour and a half to 2 hours), it was basically painless.
I was told to switch Ibuprofen and Tylenol every 3 hours after the procedure for the first 24 to 48 hours (possibly more if necessary) and that also worked well. So now except for staying on relatively soft food until the permanent crown(s?) for my bridge is put on, we are good.
As for Labor Day, we didn't really celebrate. We grocery shopped early in the day and had baked fish (cod) and sweet corn on the cob for supper... and later finished up a buttermilk pie I'd made the day before. But hope you all had a Happy Labor Day weekend!
![]() |
| Buttermilk pie on Joanne's tea towel |
![]() |
| my slice |
And today (Tuesday) DH and went to walk at the Senior Center... where I picked up two new books from their library, sat and crocheted for a bit, and had coffee in the cafeteria.
And since our daughter had sang the praises of Trader Joe's in San Antonio recently, we decided to give it another try... different store in different area... and have to admit this store was much better than the one we had visited years ago. Their produce as well as their flowers looked very healthy and well taken care of... and they had some interesting varieties of things most groceries don't offer. I did find some gluten free ravioli as well as some plantain chips... (but most of the interesting stuff was not gluten free).
Tonight we're having Chicken Ranch Lasagna. It's an old recipe, but I don't make it often. We used to call it "heart attack" lasagna as it's made with lots of butter, heavy cream, bacon, and cheese. But it is pretty good stuff... and I do use gluten free noodles.
And before I close, I'm adding a picture of this strange plant that is called the "bat face cuphea". Someone mentioned this on their blog (can't remember who)... and I thought it was interesting... and also a hummingbird attracter!
![]() |
| Happy Halloween - early! |







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...