Translate

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Pi/Pie Day and St. Patrick's... etc.

OK, this post will be brief as DH and I have just come home from getting our 2nd Pfizer vaccine... and I plan to take a nap in a little bit. 

Just thought that this pic of one of my favorite series was appropriate for Sunday's Pi/Pie Day. Pie in the Sky was the name of this detective's restaurant.

Next pic is one that I took of  the custard pie I baked Sunday for the boys.  And yes, I chose custard instead of buttermilk as I had planned. 


Pie Day Custard Pie March 2021


Now today is St. Patrick's day and with the 2nd vaccine appointments this morning, I'll admit that I totally forgot... and didn't wear green

However, nobody 'pinched' me... unless you can call the shot a pinch. It kind of was... hardly felt it. The first hurt slightly when administered. This one didn't. DH said the same. I wonder if it's partly due to who does the administering. Anyway...







And next just a few pics/posters I like:


daughter's horses

a picture of a house that intrigues me

a poster that says it all

an idea that fits my philosophy

a true statement


That's it... kind of like Bugs Bunny's ... "That's all folks!"  You know I really liked it when you went to the movies and there was a cartoon (guess that dates me).

Oh well, Happy St. Patrick's Day!  

As always, thanks for coming by. Wish I could offer you a cup of Irish Coffee! (I love Irish Coffee!

BTW, our family is Irish/English/French.  But according to last ancestry update, it's mostly Irish/Scottish... (who knew? - but we certainly found Scotland our favorite place when we visited England, Ireland, and Scotland back in the 90's

Dad and Grandpa were born in London, but apparently my great grandparents came over from Cork, Ireland. Don't know where the Scots come into it... (Hard to deny the Irish or the French since dad was an O'Regan and mom a D'Aquin.)


Hugs (virtual),

Rian


19 comments:

  1. Happy St. Patrick's Day! 🍀

    Congrats on getting your second vaccine, what a relief to have that done. 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is... and so far, only a sore arm the next day.

      Delete
  2. My DNA test shows I am 5 percent Irish, which makes sense to me, I love Ireland, bag pipe music and that part of the world. Your daughter's horses are beauties and that old house needs rescuing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Ireland and Scotland... England too, although we didn't find the people as friendly in England when we visited. And the lines and roofline on that old house is fascinating.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on getting your second shot. I got my first yesterday and was very excited to do so.

    Love the posters - they all speak to me. Oh, there was no pie here - it's something I've never really learned to make.

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pie is easy - you know the expression 'easy as pie', it's true. And if it's the pie crust that throws you off, Pillsbury Pet Ritz deep dish is really good to use. Custard pies are simple and very good. I use a very basic one that we all love.

      Delete
  4. I believe the English recruited a vast number of Scots Presbyterians to populate northern Ireland. That's where my Scottish came in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of this, but will check into it. However, it seems that most of our Irish ancestors came from Cork, which is Southern Ireland...

      Delete
  5. Hope you're not feeling too awful today. I had a good green day yesterday, with lots of shamrocks and four-leaf clovers in my emails. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually DJan, DH and I are both fine this morning... so far. Our arms are a bit sore, but that's it. So happy you had a good St. Patrick's day!

      Delete
  6. So glad you got your second shot and hope a little sleepy is the worst of it. Now you can relax a bit. Loved the horses and the coffee. I'm half Irish but like you I may find out differently if I do an ancestry search.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the ancestry DNA changes... at first it put me 60% British and a lower % Irish. This made sense since my dad and his parents were born in London. And we knew that the family emigrated from Ireland to England at one point (probably during the potato famine). But the new update makes me more than 40% Scottish and more than 40% Irish with a lower % British... so who knows, but the Scottish part surprised me. It is interesting.

      Delete
  7. I don't think I have any Irish although some of my cousins claim that we are a little. Guess I should have that DNA test to find out.
    Love your poster pictures. I want to live in that porch garden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you are all shot up and now you can relax somewhat. I hope you are feeling OK today. My friends, who had the Pfizer shot had no after effects. On the other hand, the Moderna seemed to affect women more.

    That certainly is an interesting house and a little ominious looking. I can see it being used for a scary movie. I would never want to go down in it’s basement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we had no after effects with the 2nd vaccine... just arm a little sore for a day. And that house fascinates me. I love houses with different rooflines. But I do admit this one is a bit haunting.

      Delete
  9. I'm happy you were able to get your second shot, and hope that you are feeling well.
    That poster is a beautiful setting, and quote.
    My family is Irish, by way of Scotland and England :)
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, I guess since England, Ireland, and Scotland are so close, our ancestry is inevitable.

      Delete
  10. YaY on receiving the vaccine, aren't we lucky girls. i received pfizer also and did not have much of a reaction!! it was quite the humbling experience, i felt very emotional...i probably already told you that!!

    i forgot about st. patricks day also, and i did not wear green. i did not make a pie either!! shameful me, yours looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...