Translate

Sunday, September 15, 2024

Sunday thoughts...


this made me laugh...


Still trying to attract crows to our yard... no luck so far... but we did have one in the tree next door and one walking on our front lawn a day or so ago.  I put out some apple trimmings and some peanuts to see if they might notice. Not sure if they did. Have continued to put these out the last few days. Sometimes it looks like something ate them, but haven't seen any activity. They say crows are smart, so if I continue to do this, maybe they'll notice?? Anyway, that's the plan.


My oldest granddaughter's Bernese Mountain Dog is growing up. He no longer looks like a cute fat puppy but a taller thinner lanky pup. He's lost a lot of his baby fur... but still adorable.





As you can see, I don't have a lot to talk about this morning. I'm getting ready to make oven fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and peas (or spinach souffle?) for dinner this evening. I made Chicken Tetrazzini earlier this week and froze some to take to my friend's house later (along with some stuffed peppers DH made). She's had some serious problems this past year and has trouble getting around and cooking.

 

And just a FYI for any of you out there Gluten Free... I found some really good frozen baked products. They're made by Cappello's and are delicious. They make Brown Butter Sugar Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, and great Biscuits!



They come frozen and have to cook 15-20 minutes, but are so-oo good! (not cheap though... a bag cost about $8)

Guess this is my 2 cents worth for today...

except I might add that I was impressed with the Kamala at the debate. IMO Kamala did great... and is certainly our choice for President. 

As for the 'other choice', IMO firing people who are suppose to advise you (it's not a dictatorship), when they don't agree with you is not the way it's suppose to work. Yelling the election, debate, courts, etc. are 'rigged' every time one loses is childish. And  how people can actually want this person to run our country and have control over nuclear weapons is difficult for me to understand. But I do believe in democracy and I will accept the outcome of the vote in November. It just worries me that many may not. Are we prepared for this?

Sorry about that. Didn't plan to say anything political... usually avoid that. But this post is my Sunday thoughts... so feel free to ignore my ramblings.

Hugs (virtual),

Rian



14 comments:

  1. Happy Sunday to you. Don't we all want/need the peace in your final photo. Your would be President (again) scares me. I do hope he isn't returned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that a great picture, EC? So peaceful.

      Delete
  2. Yes to the peaceful photo! I'm thinking of what to cook for Sunday dinner right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your granddaughter's dog is absolutely beautiful and your dinner sounds super delicious! I haven't seen a crow in a long, long time. I haven't seen any in Chicago in years since the West Nile Disease, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, there are crows all around here... but I think they avoid our house due to the feral cats... and I do have some mobiles hanging from the trees. They may not like those. But I'm still going to try to see if I can attract some to the front.

      Delete
  4. I was discussing the cost of a new car battery with a daughter over the weekend, and she said "Nothing is cheap any more. Not one thing!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true... and I've found that I may still buy the product (may even be smaller and cost more than it used to) but I don't buy it AS OFTEN. Then there are some things that I simply say to myself, that I don't like it THAT MUCH... and don't buy it at all.

      Delete
  5. It's hard not to think about change when I end up spending so much at the grocery store. But he isn't going to make it better. I hope Kamala and Tim are our next president and veep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DJan, I don't know where we're headed... I can only hope it's for the best... and IMO, that's got to be Kamala.

      Delete
  6. That pup is adorable! He's growing up quickly.
    From this Canadian, I'm hoping for Harris/Walz will be in charge after the election. The other option is down right frightening, as he's already suggested he'll be firing, jailing, or deporting those who don't support his platform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is all down right frightening, Mae... but I have high hopes that it will turn out alright.

      Delete
  7. I'm from Ohio where we are cancelling college classes and evacuating elementary schools due to threats originating with lies. I am rambling, too - and I sure hope we can shut both of them down. I am embarrassed that his vp choice is from Ohio and doing this to his own constituents. I know a lot of people were going to have meals to support the Haitian restaurants in the area this weekend. But when the proud boys showed up in military uniform and handed out KKK flyers, most people cancelled that plan.
    MEANWHILE - your meals sound delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what to say... it's all so unbelievable.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...