Translate

Thursday, August 6, 2026

Getting back in the game... sort of

Thinking that my left eye will let me watercolor a little... not my best skill... but fun. So, decided to try to watercolor this sketch I made about a year ago. If you can see the picture on my ipad to the right, I generally try to copy their coloring. 





This is what I've done so far... still needs work. But nice to be back at it again.

I was crocheting, but my left arm and wrist started really aching... don't know if it's the use of unused muscles (maybe like carpal tunnel?), but I  had to stop. I'll try again when the aching goes away.

As you know, it is HOT. So, no doing anything outside. I did transplant my little Violet plant. Need to transplant to larger pots several others that are doing really well... but have to do that outside and don't want to go outside in this heat. So they will have to wait.

Oh, have to tell you a funny story.  You know that DH and I enjoy watching the antics of the wildlife in our back area. Well, we have 2 cat trees on the back porch and cats, kittens, raccoons, and possums have used them in the past. I also tend to put kitty treats out on the different levels... mostly for the 2 feral cats that stay around. 

Well... the last few days the squirrels have found them. They are so funny as they sniff around the cat tree, stretch up with their little heads to see highter up and grandually climb up and find all of them on the different levels. They look so happy when they finally find them, that I have to laugh. I know that many don't like squirrels, but we've never had a problem with them, so they are welcome to the treats too.

We have one young raccoon (one of George Cooney's family) that likes to take his treat at the door, but climbs up on the cat tree to eat it (usually graham crackers).



I think I may have sent a picture of our feral, Missy, under the fern out back. But this was a close-up.  Can you see her eyes?

Before I close this, I want to bring up a subject that another blogger (Kay from Musings) brought up on her last post. It's concerning Alexa and Seri (online AI - I guess you would call them?) They can be part of your house or part of your phone... and I'm sure are very useful. But I've always been a bit hesitant to make them a part of our lives.

I do use Gemini (Google AI on my iPhone) to ask questions and really find that very helpful. It helps me when I have questions cooking, or research for a story, or just don't understand something. 

And we do have security cameras and Nest doorbell camera on the outside of our house, but nothing inside. I use my iPhone to make appointments and a daily schedule of what needs to be done, etc. So, I guess it's not that different from having Alexa tell you. Just find it a bit worrisome to have someone always listening... not sure why that bothers me, but it does. 

I would love to hear what you think... and why.

That's it for now. Hope you're staying safe and out of the heat.


Hugs (virtually),

Rian

(Bit of bad news at the Endodonist's today... but will not get into that now) 



2 comments:

  1. Rian I'm sorry you're still having trouble with your one eye (and now your wrist) but that really is a lovely watercolor. You do have artistic talent. Loved reading about your critters too outside. You are Mother nature! However, I do not have any of those listening devices in my house. I'm not totally against AI, I just don't say the need to have something listening to me. Anyway, I hope temps cool down for you guys soon and glad to see you posting, I always enjoy what you have to say and share. 👍🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dug, I really enjoy sketching and watercoloring. It takes me into an alternate zone.... where time passes without knowing it. I'm not really that good at it, but it's a fun past-time. I really would like to watercolor water and sky better, so I'll keep working at it. Thanks for commenting about Alexa and Siri... they do seem helpful, but I haven't given in to them yet... (apparently you haven't either). Hope things are looking good for your August 12th get-together.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...