We did have company this weekend. Our son-in-law spent Friday night with us. He was returning back home to the Hill country from a visit with his mother (who is in hospice in Kansas). It was good to see him, even though circumstances were not good. His family farms in Kansas and he brought us some cucumbers and peppers as well as a loaf of zucchini pecan bread... which we are enjoying.
Nothing else much going on. I have to have an old root canal redone (ugh!) as it has too much bone loss under it. And also I have been having a bit of TMJ pain in my right jaw. This is new. It has 'popped' on me before, but has never caused me pain (not unusual I'm told as the right side gets more use than the left due to missing back teeth on the left). Anyway, I'm eating soft foods, using warm compresses, and taking Motrin.
My good friend also texted me to say that she was in the ER yesterday afternoon... and apparently most of the evening before they transferred her to another hospital (due to lack of beds). She has congestive heart failure which has, up to now, been controlled with meds. But luckily, she says that she should be going home tomorrow.
OK, I started this yesterday and now it's Sunday... and as I've mentioned before, I like Sundays.
and just a blast from the past...
![]() |
| my cousins I grew up with... (me on left) |
My cousins (my mom's sisters' kids) were like brothers and sisters to me. My own sister was 10 years older and brother 4 years older... so I spent a lot of time with my cousins. Luckily, they are still around and we stay in touch.
OK, that's about it. Hope you're having a good weekend and a fun week ahead. Stay out of the heat if possible... and hang in there, we'll be complaining about the cold before you know it.
Hugs (virtually),
Rian



.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...