Translate

Saturday, August 1, 2026

Rabbit! Rabbit! White Rabbit! August 1, 2026


Rabbit! Rabbit! White Rabbit!
 
Well, here it is... August already! Kids will be back in school soon and it's  HOT!  Schools better have their A/C working. 

This is the pic I would have liked to have used this month... but the little rabbit wasn't white.


...more appropriate for hot summer days


Hope you are all surviving these triple digit days. We've been walking at the Senior Center as we certainly can't walk outside. Also keeping the bird bath and water bowls full for the outside critters. 

Here's a pic of the 2 feral cats that stay around. I may have posted these before, but if so, forgive me. I forget and don't want to go back and check.




You can also see how dried up our back area is in this heat. It's so pretty and green in the spring.




Looking back through my posts, I noticed that my 'eye adventure' started last August. It's been a year... one I wouldn't want to repeat. But I'm not complaining, I can see... and really think that although it may never be back to what it was before, I think it's getting closer to normal - as time goes on. Guess I just never expected this to go on and on... for so long.

On our way home from walking at the Senior Center we stopped at Nothing bundt cakes. They had a new one out this week called Turtle cheesecake swirl and it looked too good to pass up. So we got one for tea time today. Actually DH will eat it, but since it's not gluten free, I will only take a taste. 


Looks good, yes?

I've really no more to add, so I guess I'll post a few memes:



and finally...



This last one is definitely me... takes at least 30 minutes (if not longer) for me to feel functional. How about you? THIS I think is an age thing...

Enjoy August... it's basically supposed to be the end of summer, but NOT ! (not here anyway).

Hugs (virtually), 

Rian























13 comments:

  1. Turtle Cheesecake Bundt Cake -yum! You can tell I am hungry, I can't get that out of my mind.
    Happy August! I do like the bunny in front of the fan. It has been a long hot summer with more to come. Your little ferals are so cute. I am partial to black cats. Not in a spooky way, I just think they are sophisticated, in their fancy clothes, a little black dress. Of course tuxedo cats steal my heart too.
    Your eye adventure was an adventure. It's hard to adjust to things being what they will be. But you are right - you can see!!! My friend recently broke her arm, same break as me six years ago. She was not thrilled when I told her I am not 100% like I was before. But I told her I achieved my goals. The biggest was dressing myself, even putting on a bra. Weird what is important to people, but that was my goal. Of course what it meant was a huge improvement of range of motion, I can do all kinds of tricks now. Even put dishes away in the top cupboards, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too like tuxedo cats... and am partial to black ones... and grey ones... and orange... oh well, really ALL of them.
      And it's true that we have to adapt with age. Things change and we just need to accept that (not easy but true). We make new goals and feel good when we accomplish them (even if the goals are important only to ourselves).
      Love reading about your anniversary trip. We didn't do anything for our 50th. But went to Hawaii to visit our son not long after our 51st. and were surprised at a Luau when they asked how long people were married and we were the longest there... and they made us come up, etc. Embarrassing, but fun... and a great memory. Our son took a video.

      Delete
  2. It takes me at at least a half an hour and a cup of tea most days, sometimes two. So you are not alone. When I worked I'd get up and be at work in 30 minutes...but I wouldn't say I was mentally functional until id had a couple of cups of coffee. They sure weren't getting the best iut of me that early. :)
    Cute cars!
    Here's hoping the weather cools off some for you. We're starting ro see cooler nights here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one that takes a while to be functional in the morning. But I don't remember being that way when younger. I used to get up at 5 and be ready to leave not long after. Now... that's not possible (mentally or physically).

      Delete
  3. Hi Rian, I can't believe it's August already. And I can't believe you've been dealing with that eye for a year now, but I can relate. Last September is when my long covid returned. Loved seeing the feral cat pics and all that green outside--love Nothing Bundt Cakes too! This past December we all got one at the Senior Singles Christmas Luncheon. Yours looked delicious. Enjoyed your memes too, I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dug! Was waiting for your reply... when I don't hear, I think oh, no... he's not doing well. So always happy to see your comment pop up! Hope you get to visit with your friends at the Senior Center again soon. The bundt cake was good. I had a taste... but so far this year, their Cinnamon roll one is still our favorite. I don't mind not being able to eat some things... as long as I get a taste. And the ferals miss their lush green grass... but it'll be back eventually.

      Delete
  4. Happy August! I can't believe we're barreling toward fall already. I'm not looking forward to the long months of cold and ice ahead. But we've had a pretty "cool" summer so far, in comparison to the past number of years. Not too many days when it's unbearably humid and hot. 🤞

    That cake looks divine, though I would have to steer clear, as I have no self-control. Lol.

    Oh, I'm an early riser, very early, and can get a lot done if motivated. However, since I have been working from home since COVID, I much prefer my slower starts. Breakfast, a cup of tea or two, a half hour or so on my exercise bike. And I do NOT like to talk to anyone for the first while. My body is up, but not my mind. 😆

    Take care and keep cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I didn't realize you were still working from home since Covid. Do you like it? I know that some do, some don't. I think that not having to rush to get to work in the morning would definitely be a good thing. But some I'm told, miss the comradery. And I'm glad you've had a nice summer, but don't envy your cold winters... my southern body can't take the cold.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for leaving water out for White Rabbit's kitty friends. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Water, treats, cover, sanctuary... it's there for those who want or need it.

      Delete
  6. The only cat I might not like would be the hairless variety, I’m afraid. So glad you care for the feral ones, and have respect for all colors. As to rabbits, I’m not sure where the tradition came from, but where I first ran into it (probably North Carolina) the wish for luck at beginnings was with a rabbit…not necessarily white. However, if your wishes say white rabbit, then I guess you’re stuck with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barabara, I don't remember where I first came across the White Rabbit tradition, but you're right, it stuck with me.

      Delete
  7. Oh it takes me longer than that to feel functional, but since I'm caring for my mom from 5:30 in the morning, I feel like I'm just sleep-working getting things ready in the kitchen for her breakfast and preparing her for her day care activities.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...