Translate

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Overdue post...





My daughter ad her baby girl 16 years ago (2001)

I just realized that it's been over a week since I've posted... but occasionally life gets busy and things you planned to do, don't get done. 

Happy Mother's Day a little late! I did plan to post that day, but somehow it didn't happen.  I got flowers, taken out to dinner, cards, etc. - so all in all we enjoyed the day. I hope all of you did too.

Facebook occasionally pulls up past pictures and this one above  was one it pulled up from last year for Mother's Day for my daughter (whose baby girl in the picture above is now 16 and just went to her first Prom this past Saturday). I thought it would be nostalgic for all of us.  So I reposted it to family members.



grand daughter and her dad before Prom  (2018)


And I can't remember if I mentioned it in a previous blog, but you know how things sometime happen in 3's? Well, we had three house-hold problems in the last month or so... dryer went out, garbage disposal broke, and sprinkler system needed repairs.

Thought that was it, but this past week our big screen TV started having problems. It has this huge red stripe down the middle of the screen. Repair man came out, fiddled with it, and basically told us we need to get a new TV. Part of the problem is that it is 10 years old (not that old for a TV I would think?) - and it's a 42 inch Panasonic Plasma. Apparently Panasonic no longer makes TV's and so the 'board' we would need is no longer available. We decided that we can live with the red stripe for a while.

Came across this picture on Pinterest that looked so much like our Tux that I had to copy it on my computer and add his black nose, chin, and 'smudge' on his left cheek with my stylus. 



original cat pic



our Tux with black added


We called him Tux at the time since it was apropos for his markings and he was one of 5 kittens (3 of them black and white). But sometimes we call him "Smudge"  as it looks like someone took black ink and touched his cheek (possibly an angel?) Anyone remember that poem about where a baby's dimple might be?

And lastly I wanted to show this other picture of a 'cat feeding station' that I thought was a wonderful idea. Don't know why more places wouldn't do this. (Actually I do know why - some people wouldn't like the idea) 






Isn't this neat?  I imagine some people wouldn't like the idea as it would draw other animals to the area...  but I still think it's a great idea.  There were places we went to in Europe years ago that had a great many cats around. The people there didn't seem to mind. They even let dogs in the pubs and on the trains... 

Well, I'm going to close for now. I enjoyed catching up on all your blogs. Hope you all have a great week!






















14 comments:

  1. love that cat feeding station, here the possum and raccoons would eat it dry. ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I was in Rome and learned that the city is full of feral cats that are fed by the locals. They would love something like this. And in Istanbul, cats sat under the tables of diners and begged for food, which of course they got plenty of. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, DJan. Seems Europe is much more animal friendly. I do understand people's aversion to this... possibly safety and health reasons. But it still seems like a good idea. These feeders needn't be put in public areas.

      Delete
  3. Happy belated Mother's Day to you, Rian. It sounds as though you had a lovely day with your family.

    Arghh..household issues are a true nuisance. I recently had a repairman into look at my washing machine as it was making a loud noise when spinning. Thankfully it wasn't anything serious, rather the chunk of concrete that keeps it from bouncing around had gotten loose. (I had no idea there was concrete in there!)

    Have a great rest of the week.
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen. Glad your washing machine problem was easy to solve. None of our 'difficulties' were terribly expensive, but they do add up when they all happen at one time.

      Delete
  4. Happy belated mother's day to you and happy animal feeding. My husband was very dedicated to feeding animals that wandered through our yard, but I have not kept up the practice and now that I live where there are home owners' associations I would be fined for doing so. I do know he is in animal heaven though, where he was given a hero's welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our home owners association doesn't seem to mind. Many feed, but some don't like it. As far as I know its never been an issue.

      Delete
  5. That cat-feeding station is brilliant. I'm sure it's well-used too.

    Belated Happy Mother's Day; I'm glad you enjoyed the day. :-)

    Too bad about the TV...BTW, I didn't know Panasonic doesn't make TVs anymore. My TV is only about 4 years old, I think, though certainly won't last as long as the old analogue one did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the good news is that we can still watch TV... even with the red stripe down the center. And also big screen plasma TV's (actually 42 inch is no longer big screen) aren't that expensive anymore. And I agree that the feeding station is brilliant!

      Delete
  6. Dear Rian, I do think it's a great idea. I can remember being in Paris about 40 years ago and the number of cats I saw. Your Tux/Smudge poster is a delight! Thank you for sharing. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dee. I really like that poster. And I was in Paris once in 1998 for a quick weekend. We chunneled over from London and walked around quite a bit. My favorite memory is the coffee. It was so-oo good.

      Delete
  7. Don't know if that went through or not. Got all kinds of weird flags. Anyway, loved the cat feeders--so clever--and remember that good things come in threes also. We just don't count them for we think we are due:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patti. I will remember that. Hope it's true.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...