Translate

Sunday, August 26, 2018

more info I didn't need to know...

My car accident was Wednesday afternoon. Got home from the ER around 8PM that evening.  Had taken a Tylenol and slept fairly well that night. Thursday I was just sore and noticed more bruising popping up here and there. But by Thursday night my right arm had turned from red to blue, there was a large hard knot under the skin... and it hurt to move my fingers (which worried me). 

So I called my family physician. Was told the same thing as Wednesday that they couldn't see 'car accident' cases and to go to the ER. (I had already done this Wed. so I thought surely they would see a follow-call - apparently not - more new info). 

So DH and I returned to the ER and addressed the arm issue. They examined and x-rayed it, and seeing the amount of new bruising on my chest and abdomen decided to run a CT of that area. As it turns out, all is still well... just deep bruising and contusions that should go away in a few weeks.

Told my daughter that it looks like someone beat me up.  But seriously, I'm not complaining. It could have been a lot worse - no broken bones, no internal injuries. I had one person see my bruises and asked me if I had fallen... guess that comes with the territory (age). 

OK... more info I learned: the ER gives you a car accident form to fill out and mail back to the hospital within 3 days. The info they ask for is info only the police report has - like name of the other driver, other driver's insurance, etc. So we call to get the police report... apparently they have 10 days to file a report. So....?? We either send in an incomplete form or we wait until the police report is made available. Still waiting.

Guess like everything else in life, it's been a learning experience.

Oh... and a blessing that did come out of the last few days - Oahu didn't get much of anything from the hurricane. From what I gather from the news and my son there, it basically fizzled out before it got too close. They may get a bit of rain, but that's about it. Thank God for that!!  

And of course we heard yesterday of John McCain's passing. I was surprised as it seemed to come so close on the heals of the news that he was foregoing further treatment for the cancer. However, it seems that he died as he lived 'honorably'... and the world will mourn his loss. 

That's all I have. Hope your weekend has been good. Since I can't physically sit with you and  share these words over a cup of coffee, I'll have to be content to do it virtually.  Thanks for reading!


Our black and whites say hello! Ghost is NOT in a good mood today. She woke up on the wrong side and has been hissing at me all day... 


Tux

Julie












































16 comments:

  1. How I regret you too have a body in pain. I wish you a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Joanne. But with me nothing is broken (as with you), I'm just bruised and sore... and very thankful it was nothing worse.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you're so banged up; please don't hesitate to go back to ER again if there are any further issues. Better safe than sorry!

    The boys send healing purrs. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, you certainly took a beating! As Kea said, make sure you return if things aren't healing as they should. I wonder if, after the bruising starts fading if the knot in your arm can be worked out by massage?

    Good news on Oahu. Not so for John McCain. I'm currently watching an article on 60 minutes about his diagnosis. I guess he knew what was coming but he certainly fought it for as long as he could. May he rest in peace.

    Take care!
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knot is slowly going away, Eileen... and bruises are fading to a kind of bluish yellow.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear that you're only black and blue, not broken anywhere! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the truth, DJan... nothing broken thank goodness.

      Delete
  5. How frustrating, with the inconsistencies of those two forms / pieces of information. I hope your healing is quick and that you are managing well! Cat therapy always helps. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch it sure sounds painful. All those safety features in cars today leave a mark. Hope DH isn't getting weird looks because of all your bruising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's true that my bruises were most likely caused by the seat belt and air bag... and yes, I suppose I'm really glad they were there. However, that explosion from the air bags could be less... "explosive??"

      Delete
  7. I am so sorry to hear about your car accident. How scary, and that about the burning smell from the air bag is enough to scare anybody to death. So glad your injuries were not any worse. You're right, it could have been much worse. So thankful too that the hurricane wasn't as bad as expected, and that your son is fine. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm fine. And our son is fine. That's all that is really important.

      Delete
  8. It can happen so fast ... glad you're okay. Agree, sorry for John McCain's passing. We need more like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "... in an instant" John. Appreciate the comment... and yes, I'm OK. As for John McCain, I didn't always agree with him, but I do think he was a good man.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...