For those of you who know, I've been a bit under the weather this week after getting the DPT injection. I checked and apparently the one I got was a combination; Diphtheria, Pertussis, and Tetanus. Can't really explain how it made me feel, but it was weird... sore, headachy, and extremely tired. So I basically slept through the week. But...
I woke up Sunday morning around 2:00 am... drenched in sweat... and suddenly realized that "I felt good"! My jaw is still sore, but I'm pretty sure it's TMJ and it hasn't gotten any worse. But I'm so happy to feel good again!
Thought I'd send a few pics of my finished wind chime. It has definitely been a learning experience. I will make more as I really like wind chimes and have learned some of the pitfalls. Firsts of all, I didn't realize until I was putting it together this morning that some of the holes I had made for the strings had been glazed over. This was a real problem as those pieces wouldn't even drill out. So I improvised. Then I realized that the piece that should be in the very center of the chimes themselves should have had 4-5 holes in it - not just the one in the center. This piece holds the actual chimes apart. Another mistake!
But I put it together the best I could and still like it. The colors are exactly what I wanted, even if the shape isn't. Here is a picture:
|outside on our tree|
|pieces up close|
I was trying to get a close up picture inside and had hung up some cloth in the kitchen and if you will look closely at the next pic, you will see a paw playing with the strings underneath.
It turns out Tux had climbed up on the counter and was after the strings I had cut.
|Tux with strings|
So these are my first wind chimes. I'm sure I'll do better for the next set. And here's a picture of my finished cheeky chickens soap dish.
Since it would be exposed to water, I had to glaze it so it wouldn't be porous. I used a matt glaze and was happy with the result.
Thanks so much for reading! Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!