Translate

Sunday, May 24, 2020

a day off from Covid...





Our son sends us pics and videos of the surf right there by their house in Oahu, Hawaii.  I love the sight and sound of the surf, so I thought I'd share them with you. (Please let me know if the video works. I had a little trouble getting it posted)



taken on the lava beach in Oahu last week

He likes to go there with his coffee and watch the sun rise and/or sun set...   (I got to do it once last August and it was truly wonderful)



*********************************


backyard squirrel



And this is the little fat squirrel that drives the feral cats crazy in our back yard. He teases them relentlessly.  He'll sit on the branch overlooking their food dish and flip that tail over and over. He's either a brave little guy or not too bright. 




Sammy will follow that squirrel right up the tree... 




and this little fellow visits a lot!



*****************************


OK, I guess that's it for today. I hope all of you 
have a happy safe 
'stay at home' 
Memorial Weekend!

Hugs,
Rian


Ghost's happy face






21 comments:









  1. The video worked just fine and a longer length one would make a good sleep aid.
    If that's ghost's happy face I wouldn't like to see his miserable one, lol

    briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love watching those videos... and do watch them sometimes at night before going to sleep. As for Ghost, she has a very limited number of expressions.

      Delete
  2. Oh, to be able to relax on the beach, I'm envious of your son! I wasn't able to watch the video, but I find I can't watch a video in anyone's post. I assume it's an issue with my computer settings.

    That squirrel is asking for trouble! Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to click on the video twice (don't know if that will help you or not). Yes, the squirrel is asking for trouble, but after watching them dodge cars, I think they all have a death wish.

      Delete
  3. Yes, your video works great, except that I too would like to be there! What beautiful waves and sky. I am staying safe and glad you are doing the same. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The neat thing about the beach there, DJan, is that it isn't 'hot'... there's always a cool breeze and the air smells so clean.

      Delete
  4. The video worked fine, and what a relaxing place for your son to spend time in. You have a nice critter photo roundup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me want to go to the beach. Our closest beaches (on the Jersey Shore) are opening this weekend. Will go soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so miss being by the water. We didn't have an ocean growing up, but we did have the Gulf, the Mississippi, and the lake.

      Delete
  6. Worked great for me and made me long for a little sand between my toes. Thanks for the break.
    That fat squirrel is a hoot. Kind of hope he keeps escaping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sand between the toes is a great thing... and I'm rooting for the squirrel too!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for stopping in and leaving a comment. Glad you beat BC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice way to have morning coffee. I have braved driving by the beach and rolling down my window to get a whiff of salt air. Next step will be the bike path along the intracoastal waterway that takes me to a rural beach with long stretches of pretty deserted sand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the deserted beaches and coves that attract me too!

      Delete
  9. What luck to live near the ocean and have a beach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Next best thing to being there in person! You have a thoughtful and creative son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is thoughtful of him. He knows me well.

      Delete
  11. oh boy, did i enjoy that video!!! most of our beaches in new jersey are closed, it was nice to visit hawaii, i have never been there!!

    those squirrels are fat because they eat everything in sight, especially that which is not theirs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...