Translate

Thursday, August 25, 2022

Sequel on Amazon! rain! and a reason to be thankful...

Well, my book, "Carrick Cove" (sequel to "Time After Time") is finally up on Amazon... both in paperback and on Kindle under my pen name, D'Arcy Regan Hart. But I have to say a strange thing happened when I was adding it to Kindle.

First it was up in paperback on Amazon and the cover was the one I had decided on and showed you in a previous post.  But for whatever reason, when I added it to Kindle, it wouldn't take the cover? Well, it would 'take' the cover, but half of the dog in the cove was cut off? 

I played around with it for a bit, but nothing seemed to help until I used another cover format. So, if you go to Amazon.com and look for the book, it comes up with a cover picture and if you click on the picture, you will see it available in both formats - but if you click on paperback, you get one cover and when you click on Kindle, you get the other...?? Guess it doesn't matter, they are similar, but just wondering why. 

There's not a lot else going on around here at the moment. We had a ton of rain and flash flooding in and around Dallas, but not specifically in our area. We do live on a creek, and I'm sure the creek was high (I didn't go look), but we're built about 5 feet above it, so it has never risen up to the house. I think Dallas/Ft Worth did get 9-10 inches - which has caused a lot of problems in some areas.


Oh, and I did go to my Cardiologist's appointment this week to take that vascular ultrasound.  I was told it would take a few days to get the results. 

I probably shouldn't mention this, but there was a gentleman in the Cardiologist's office waiting for his appointment and he was told that his doctor had an emergency heart attack to attend to and he would have to reschedule.  Now these things happen I realize, but it had to be so inconvenient for him as he was very heavy set, had both legs wrapped up, was using a walker... and was all alone. I just felt that it must have taken him a lot to get there and now he has to come back another time. No ones fault, I know... just sad. 

DH and I saw him outside sitting in his car when we left. He was sitting there with the door open and his head down. So we asked him if he was OK. He said he was, just sitting there thinking. We told him that we heard them have to reschedule him and that was a shame. He said, "Yes, that it took him half the day to get there... but what can you do? Emergencies happen." His attitude was good, but I can't stop thinking about him and how there must be so many others like him out there trying to get on with health problems and all alone. Made me feel so lucky that DH and I have each other... and our children.






Have a wonderful day and weekend - it's Labor Day weekend!

(OK, it's only Thursday, but almost the weekend)

Hugs (virtual),

Rian

30 comments:

  1. Congratulations.
    And how I feel for that gentleman - and, as you say, for so many like him.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rian, congratulations on your book on Amazon. You have my curiosity piqued, I need to go take a look. And I thought that was very kind what you wrote in regards to that man. It's one thing to have the feelings, but it's quite another to reach out like that. To be very honest I almost blogged about this last week after my own heart and blood pressure evaluation. I don't have a car, so it takes a couple city buses and a lot of walking to get to my doctor's office. I guess I have Uber to fall back on if need be, but what if I need to go in for surgery? Being alone can be worrisome. Anyway, good luck with your book and hope you have a nice weekend! 👍🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dug, I'm not sure my books - which are basically a continuous story of a widow's life after the death of her husband (a cozy small-town read) - would be your cup of tea. But I appreciate the fact that I piqued your interest (if only to see the 2 different covers on Amazon).
      And to be honest, I did think of you when I saw that man's wrapped legs, but believe me, you are much younger and in better condition than he was. And I have to admit, it's hard to reach out. For one, you don't want to embarrass anyone - so you never know if what you are doing is helping or not. The other thing is that you walk away thinking that you maybe should have done more... but what?

      Delete
  3. I will definitely go and find that Kindle book, since I have already read the first and really enjoyed it. I do wonder people were able to find better ways to access health care. I too am grateful to have my husband in case of need. My heart goes out to that poor man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope you enjoy the sequel. But again, it's not a best seller - just a cozy small town read. As for the man on his own, yes, I too am grateful to have my husband. It helps to have someone to share the good and the bad.

      Delete
  4. The book is downloaded into my Kindle. Can't wait to finish the book I am reading now so I can go get reacquainted with that delightful group. I have an old Kindle so I didn't see a cover at all. That is ok, I'm there for the story.
    Nice of you to have checked on that fellow. I'm sure just the fact that you did gave him some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the kindle on my iPhone. My really old kindle died last year.
      And I hope our checking on him didn't embarrass him. He didn't seem to be bothered by it... maybe even glad to talk about how much trouble it was for him to get there.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on having another book available! A lot of work. And thank you for posting such appropriate bits to remember and to say. And thank you for taking a minute to solace that dear man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of work... not writing the story, but getting the book together and uploaded. I'm not terribly technical... and definitely not into marketing.
      I hope it did solace him.

      Delete
  6. Glad you've got each other. Uh, I thought it was the holiday weekend coming up too, but it's next weekend, Sept 2, 3, 4, and 5. Still a whole week left for August. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Linda. I thought it was this weekend, but it's next (not that we have any plans). Could be I'm anxious to get rid of August...

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on the sequel, that's great! Weird about the covers, but I know zilch about these things.

    I hope that man was/will be okay. It was kind of you to check on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. I find it weird about the covers too... but not going to worry about it.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on the publishing of your book.
    The story of the man alone at the cardiologist's office makes me sad too. Based on your description it certainly sounds as though he needed that appointment - hopefully they found a way to get him in sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mae. I too hope they rescheduled him quickly, but will probably never know.

      Delete
  9. Hope things work out for that man.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so impressed. I didn't know you were an author. That's totally fabulous! Congratulations! And thank you for reminding me to be thankful for what I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kay. Don't be that impressed. I've written stories all my life and a dear friend encouraged me to publish... so I did. But several people who read my first book asked for more... so, I published this sequel. The writing is fun. Marketing - not so much. So if just a few enjoy the story, I'm happy. And yes, we need to be thankful for what we have... many have less (whether that be health, money, or family).

      Delete
  11. I don't remember how I found your blog, but have been enjoying, never posted any comments. Today is the day...I love reading your blog and I just got both of your books on Amazon. Thanks for being a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on your book, i am quite excited for you!! your empathy for others is a beautiful part of your personality!! you always share the best meme's, thanks for those and thanks for sharing the little tid-bits of your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Debbie. BTW, of my 6 Swallowtail caterpillars, only 2 have emerged. I don't know why the other 4 are taking so long, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think his attitude is great but, I wish someone would help him findabetter way to get there next time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Maybe I should have gone further, but it's hard to intrude on the life of a stranger... even if you just want to help.

      Delete
  15. Congratulations on your book. Wow! How nice of you to stop and talk to the man. Just knowing that someone noticed and cared enough to stop and speak I'm sure made him feel much better. It would have made me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Henny. I hope he has someone to help him get back and forth. Apparently he can do it himself, but it looks like a real struggle.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...