Translate

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Happy Mother's Day ! May 14, 2023



My mother passed away in 2008, but I wish her 

a Happy Mother's Day today still...  

She was a wonderful mother. We didn't have the same personalities, nor the same likes and dislikes when it came to personal choices, but we loved and respected each other. Mom lived with us for the last 14 years of her life. 

When Alzheimer's became a problem (and I was still working), she went into an Assisted Living facility for a short time, then to a Memory Care Unit. I now regret that I didn't stop working and just take her home - but at the time it didn't seem right for many reasons. Mom passed away due to complications of Alzheimer's within that year. Mom was 94.

And now I want to share with you a poem that I came across a while back that to me embodies motherhood. It's how I felt (and still feel) about becoming a mother for the first time. 




and





Happy Mother's Day!


Hugs (virtual),

Rian

11 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Rian--this was very sweet, I enjoyed that poem. And what a nice photo of your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day sweet friend, your mother was a beautiful lady. I said I wouldn't get emotional seeing as it's Mother's Day, but your poem made my eyes leak ..
    Hugs,
    ~Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a truly lovely tribute - not only to your mama but to the best mothers the world over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful, Rian. Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that poem, and so many of us could have written it. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poem and photo at the end of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice, and so true. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's Day, Rian. Love the photo of your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This poem brought tears to my eyes. Beautifully written. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...