Translate

Sunday, July 9, 2023

and the beat goes on...


just really like this cat poster...


My cousin and I zoomed Monday and Wednesday this week. She lives in New Orleans and was trying to figure out how to do something with a split screen for the ESL class she teaches online. I was to be one of her Guinea pigs. No problem. It was good to see her and talk to her as I haven't been back there since 2017. Hopefully I will get down there sometime this year or next. Wish there was an easier way to go then flying. I don't mind flying actually... just don't care for airports these days.

Also DH and I visited the Senior Center Monday. We're just getting the feel of it right now so we only walked the walking path and then ate lunch in the cafeteria. They have a pretty good daily menu, but since it was the day before the 4th, they were only serving chili dogs and hamburgers, chips, and 4th of July cupcakes. DH had a chili dog, chips, and a lemonade (I wouldn't eat that even if it was gluten free). I had bottled water. Anyway, it was a nice outing.

On the 4th we had our usual 4th of July parade in our neighborhood. It runs through the neighborhood, then ends up over at the women's center where they have a picnic set up with drinks, food,  and games for the kids. We stood outside and watched the parade with our granddaughter, but didn't go to the picnic (too hot).


birthday flowers 

My birthday came and went. We didn't do anything special since we kind of celebrated the weekend before when daughter came in. DH and I walked the mall with youngest granddaughter stopping for our usual coffee and hot chocolate. Then he bought some individual Bundt cakes (now they have gluten free chocolate chip available - and it was good!).

Then we got together for breakfast Friday with some good friends that we've been trying to meet up with forever. They do a lot of traveling. She and I grew up together one block apart and went to elementary, high school, and college together. And all 4 of us were at LSUBR. So we usually have a lot to talk about. And with LSU baseball team winning recently, they were super hyped! We don't see each other often, but when we do, I love it.

my life-long friend and I
at her wedding in 1968 


So that's been my week... busy, but fun. DH and I aren't joiners and tend to be home-bodies, so although we usually enjoy it when we do, we don't do it often.

(Just boring everyday stuff to report...  So, if you're still with me, thank you.) 

Oh, oldest son just got a new puppy! He and his wife have Winston, a large blonde Golden Doodle. 


Winston

They just recently got a 8week old puppy - a red Golden Doodle named Abbey. Here is a pic:

Abbey


and here's a few other visitors to our yard:








Have a great Sunday!

Hugs (virtual),
Rian


18 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful week to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, Miss Merry... busier than I'm used to, but fun.

      Delete
  2. Rian, you had me smiling before I even opened your post--"and the beat goes on". I enjoyed reading about your trip to the senior center, the cat poster, the wedding photo of you and your friend (you both look alike there) and the critters in your backyard. You lead a fun, interesting life and I'm glad you took the time to share it. :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dug, I'm not sure I lead a fun interesting life... but glad my post wasn't too boring. I really like that cat poster - something about his expression just makes me smile.

      Delete
  3. A busy week, but you survived. Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver, the other gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I survived... and I agree with the sentiment about friends.

      Delete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday and Congrats on the newest Grandpup. Our Great-Grandpup is perhaps better behaved and obedient than any Child I've ever had over *winks*... and yet, he got out during the last visit and scared me half to death before voluntarily coming back Home a couple hours later. I was Petsitting for my Grandsons while they attended a Wedding in Texas, if something had happened to their Beloved Pit Bull on my watch it would have been like losing someone's Child. Tyson knew he was in trouble, but he's such a big goofball, I pretended to be furious, when in fact, I couldn't be more relieved he came back Safe and nobody had freaked out that a Pit Bull got loose and might have harmed him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand about Granddogs. My kids' dogs are all wonderful. Daughter has a Great Dane (Moose), Oldest son has the 2 Doodles (Winston and Abbey), and youngest son has a French Bulldog (Cookie). But... they are all the 'neediest, clingiest' dogs ever! And I'm not complaining because our cats were all spoiled rotten - so who am I to talk?

      Delete
  5. You had a busy, but lovely week with wonderful connections and fun things, IMO. I hope this week is as enjoyable too.

    Abbey is a darling! I hope she and Winston are getting along well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winston and Abby seem to be doing well... although Winston still considers the 'lap' as his (as big as he is).

      Delete
  6. It sounds like it was pretty much perfect. Happy belated birthday, and I'm so glad you are continuing to write your lovely low key posts. They make me very happy, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DJan. We do lead pretty ordinary lives... but I'm good with that. Grateful to be honest.

      Delete
  7. That Abbey is a cutie. I bet she and Winston will be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be good for Winston... as he's been the center of their attention for the last 2 years... time for him to share it.

      Delete
  8. A lovely post! Love the friend's wedding photo: what styles back then. Cute grandpups. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I didn't have any current pics of 'old us'... so thought that one would have to do.

      Delete
  9. I love the picture of you and your best friend. You're both so pretty. Sure enjoyed the little videos and seeing pictures of the doggies. Winston and Abbey are both so adorable. I really have enjoyed our new senior center. Of course, right now I'm just going to line dancing classes on Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pic as taken 55 years ago... a few weeks after my own wedding. She and I just met for breakfast last week and we're both almost 80 - ( time sure flies). Glad to hear that you're enjoying your Senior Center. Going to check mine for yoga classes.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...