Translate

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Just a few pics...


Nothing really to say today, so thought I'd share some of the pics and posters I like: 


in the blink of an eye...




cute grandparents cottage



and





sourdough bread and half a pecan pie
bought at Wholefoods


My favorite Mayo


New Orleans Blue Plate Mayo

I'm not a big fan of mayo, prefer unsalted butter on bread... but some recipes call for it (like chicken salad). And I do like Blue Plate Mayo... the New Orleans brand.  We can find it at Krogers, but not many other places here in Texas. I've heard that Duke's is close to the same, but haven't tried it. 


No much of a post here, but thought I should check in for the week. The only excitement we've had recently was a few days ago when DH had a fall. He tripped over something outside and hit his head on a large plastic container we have out back.  Luckily he has a hard head and outside of a red spot in the center of his forehead and down his nose, he was fine (did scare me though).

And I've been experiencing those same symptoms this week that I've had off and on over the years - lightheaded,  headachy, and fast heartbeat in the morning and extremely tired/no energy. But I'm beginning to realize that it probably means my B-12 is low again (at least that's what I think it means). So I've made an appointment to get my bloodwork checked and start those B12 injections again.

That's about it my friends. Thanks for bearing with me here. Hoping you're staying out of the heat and finding ways to enjoy the summer. 
A happy surprise: found Gluten free Madeleines this morning at Central Market! (haven't tasted them yet... but have high hopes)

Hugs (virtual),
Rian

*Oh, I forgot this pic:


Isn't this adorable?




20 comments:


  1. Thanks for these delightful pictures.
    Glad that DH didn't sustain major damage.
    I have never tasted a mayo as good as the one my mother made. Never, ever As a child I often had her mayonnaise on toast for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A dear friend (that has passed) made her own mayo and it was delicious too. Home-made usually wins out over store-bought every time.

      Delete
  2. I sure wish I had a Whole Foods (or a Trader Joes) near me... that bread and pie looked delicious! Very interesting about the Blue Plate Mayo, I have to say I've never heard of it but I DO love Duke's Mayonnaise (made with vinegar, unlike Helmann's). And I'm very relieved to hear DH is okay.. falls are frightening, I'm making it my life's mission to avoid 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have both Whole Foods and Trader Joe's, Dug, but I've never been too happy with Trader Joe's (although some people really love it). Whole foods is fairly close and we do pick up some things there. But it's actually more expensive than Central Market (which is owned by HEB) and our favorite place to shop. As for falls, the Senior Center has a class in "how to fall"... but truth be known, they usually happen so fast. I really wonder if you have the seconds to think about it. But I agree, Avoid them if at all possible!

      Delete
  3. That hanging chair is adorable!
    Hope all goes well with your bloodwork. Your husband was very fortunate not to sustain any real damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it, Mae? Wouldn't a little girl love to have that in her room?

      Delete
  4. Gosh, I'm glad your husband is okay! What a scare indeed.

    I like that first image, it's so true that life passes in a blink of an eye. I've spent far too much of mine worrying about my weight, fussing over trying to fit myself into current society's ideal, which is genetically impossible for me to ever do. Lol. That and worrying about things that never happened!

    I love that swinging cat chair too! Not only is it adorable, it looks comfy too.

    Take care and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that first pic too, Kim. My mom and I were different. She (and my sister) were more socially conscious than me. She dressed well and wanted everything to be 'correct'. I just wanted 'to be me'... and that's all. Luckily I wasn't a rebel... just wasn't that into what anyone else thought. Learned early to just listen - and then do my own thing. Not that I don't worry, but know it's a waste of time. I learned that are our minds are full of thoughts - but thoughts are just thoughts... not truths.

      Delete
  5. You are so sweet to share those lovely thoughts. The first one made me tear up, it's so very true. And I do think that last one is adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DJan. It wasn't the best post, but at least it showed where I'm at - at the moment. And I love that first pic too!

      Delete
  6. It's good to check in once in a while even if "nothing" is going on. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the pictures. That little cottage is exactly what I have always dreamed of owning. Love the first picture too. How true! I can tell you from experience that Duke's mayo is delicious! The only kind my Mother would buy and now, me too. :) Glad your husband wasn't hurt too badly. Falls are so scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Henny. If we can't find Blue Plate, I will definitely try Duke's.

      Delete
  8. oooooh that first picture, it's a great one!! i like that little cottage, it's so sweet!! i love that food stores now sell halves, of lots of things....it's good for us couples!! i love mayo, we use hellmans but i have heard dukes is really good. i have never tried it!!

    good thing your husband did not get hurt. my mom recently fell outside, coming home from dinner with friends and she really got hurt. she is finally home but she has been in and out of the hospital and rehab for a month. she fell june 27th, it's why i have had difficulty blogging...i have been with her and taking care of her!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, hope your mom is on the mend. Glad you were able to help her. Yes, stores selling half a pie is great. DH loves that... and we don't need a whole pie.

      Delete
  9. I've only seen Hellmans or Best Foods over here. I'm curious about your Blue Plate. I wonder if they have it in Illinois. And yes, "the blink of an eye" is so true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay, I'm enjoying your travels with you... and I wish you could find Blue Plate Mayo... but doubt it. Lucky that we can find it here in Texas.

      Delete
  10. While your getting labs done,ask for a thyroid profile. As we age our thyroid
    can slow down. I worked in medicine for many years.
    We always checked the thyroid and B12
    when the patient had your symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think they did add Thyroid to the test... They seem to be running a lot of tests. Hope they find something... as something is going on.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...