Translate

Thursday, December 7, 2023

last minute Christmas 'to do's'...


cute cat ornament


I don't have anything specific to blog about this morning. But like everyone else these days, there's so much last minute stuff that needs doing. With me it's mostly getting all the cards and goodies made, put together,  and mailed.  

This morning on my 'to do' list was e-check in with my Cardiologist for appointment next week, call my Eye Doctor for annual appointment in January, work on  knitted Afghan so it can be delivered next week, mail a few Christmas cards (I do these a few at a time), and make weekly supply of home-made catfood for the ferals. 

(Our grandson who lives with us isn't feeling well this morning. Hopefully he hasn't picked up Covid at his work, but it's entirely possible. He is wearing a mask and staying up in his room for the most part.) 

The Christmas tree is almost finished. Ornaments are on, just have to add the Mardi Gras beads. I'll post a pic when it's done.

Our 'animal tree' is done. It sits on the front room table with ornaments of our past kitties whose love we still hold in our hearts. All of our kitties had been with us for 15 years or more... so they are very much missed. 









and now The ferals get all our attention and care:



cooking for ferals this morning


BTW,  DH and I finally got into a few activities at our Senior Center. Every time we've tried to get into anything this past year, it's always been 'full'. I had to go online on Dec. 4th and actually got in 3 of the 4 that we wanted. We're on a waiting list for the 4th one. 2 of them are talks (one is about 'AI' and the other is about 'Advances in hearing technology'), and 2 are fitness related.

It's hard to plan activities that run from January through the summer. Things don't always go as planned, but all you can do is schedule the dates and...  hope for the best.

This coming weekend is bake, bake, bake... and then mail, mail, mail! Actually we FedEx... don't mail (finding mail not so trust-worthy anymore. Takes forever in some areas). Then I have an appointment to have my heart monitor put on, then a Christmas lunch with friends, and hopefully by then, some of the Christmas orders will be here so I can wrap or bag (Xmas bags are more expensive, but definitely easier).

Lastly, I will post a pic of Santa in the Cheeky Chicken yard (on my shelf) :





and a funny meme:





Thanks for reading...

Hugs (virtual),
Rian



17 comments:

  1. It has reached the point at my house where I am running around like crazy and making lists to run around more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me feel a little guilty that I'm doing none of this, but still feeling stressed for some reason. I love your little kittie tree. They are always in our hearts, no matter how long they have been gone. Sending you love and keep on making these fun posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do miss those kitties so much that sometimes it seems like we see them flash by... maybe their spirits are still here, (who knows? )... especially at Christmas when they enjoyed the tree so much.

      Delete
  3. I love that Santa and chickens! I don't send out any Christmas cards anymore , nor do we receive any. Those are lovely memories of your kitties. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true since the pandemic, we don't send out as many cards and don't receive as many either... but we do still do a few for immediate family and friends.

      Delete
  4. Rian, I love your animal tree with all the kittens. And that is so sweet, making food for the ferals like you do. Had a chuckle at that last meme too! 🤣 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making food for the ferals isn't just sweet (although they do seem to really like our home-made food). We are trying to see if it's less expensive than buying the cans and bags of catfood each week (it's not just human food that has gone up in price). And that meme looks so much like our old cat 'Ghost'...

      Delete
  5. Not last minute yet. Fortunately. I am baking. With more to do. And yes, I need to get wrapping (and you are right) bagging is MUCH easier.
    Love your animal tree - and your care of the ferals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC. It's last minute for slow people like myself (ha!) I've always been slow... but age hasn't helped. And yes! Xmas bags are the way to go!

      Delete
  6. The tree commemorating your cats is so very sweet.
    I do have to tell my daughter about the meme, as she has an elf for my grandson. To me it's a nuisance, but Eli gets a kick out of the things the elf gets into. I'm thinking the cat litter might put an end to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mae! Yes, my daughter had an elf on the shelf for her daughter too. It was fun... but had to end eventually. Hopefully not in the cat litter tho...

      Delete
  7. AHHgg! I hadn't thought it was last minute yet but now I realize it kind of is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh sharon, be careful, that's a lot for you!! my cards are still at the printers but i do expect them soon. the return address will be printer on the envelopes and i have labels printed with the mailing addresses. those e-check ins take forever on line and are so repetitive each time!! i still have a lot of baking to do, and i have a cookie bake set up for this coming saturday with my family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! Still expecting cards to be delivered. First delivery was lost. But supposed to get another by this Tuesday. We'll see. And yes, those e-check ins take forever and are repetitive. Baking in progress at the moment... and we have a cookie exchange this week too.

      Delete
    2. i have had christmas card delivery mishaps many times. this year, i ordered late!! we are both busy, in different ways!! have fun!!

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...