Translate

Saturday, February 10, 2024

Saturday morning Brunch...


Outside The Fifth

Inside The Fifth


DH and I went out to Brunch this morning! This is something we don't do much as I'm not much good early in the morning. I don't think I come fully awake and functional until 9:30 or 10 am. Anyway, that said, we don't go out for breakfast much. I usually make tea/coffee and toasted sourdough bread with lots of real butter.... sometimes even an egg and soldiers, and maybe occasionally pecan pancakes... but not till around 9am.

However, this restaurant, "The Fifth" is close to us and has Brunch every Saturday and Sunday. It's called Brunch and there's a specific Brunch Menu... but it's served all day on the weekends.  We made reservations for 11 am.

Something else that's interesting about this restaurant is that although it's not that large, it has 3 sections: an outside patio (that is enclosed when it's raining or cold), a main floor area, and a raised area that is all large booths. If you look closely in the Inside the Fifth pic, you can almost see the raised area on the left. 

DH and I sat in the raised area and we ordered Poblano Cheddar Grits, the Brunch Burger, and coffee. The Poblano Cheddar grits were awesome... and the Brunch Burger was the best burger I've ever tasted. 



I forgot to take pics, so these are all off the site... and the Brunch Burger was served with herbed hash browns (not the french fries shown in this pic) and were delicious. Here I found another pic that may be more accurate for the Brunch Burger. 



What was special about this place (besides everything being made from scratch - and all real sugar or real butter, etc.) was the care they go to make everything just as you want it... asking  questions and more than happy to make it your way. 

So, obviously,  we were pleased with this place and will definitely return. I'm sure everyone has their own requirements as to what makes a good restaurant. I have 2 :  good coffee and good grits! The Fifth has both... 

And just a FYI, this place seems to accommodate an eclectic crowd. While we were there, several booths were taken up (including ours) with the gray haired set, several tables with families, and several with the young crowd. Interesting, yes?

Well, thanks for reading. Just wanted to share our new restaurant adventure. Enjoy your weekend! (it's raining here)


Hugs (virtual),

Rian

16 comments:

  1. Love the look of the place Rian, has a warm but modern industrial feel. That Brunch Burger with the fried egg on top also looked really good. Was the food very expensive? PS I'm 62 years old and have never eaten grits. You won't find those around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit 'modern' looking for my taste... but does have a warm vibe (and a fireplace). As for expensive, I find everything expensive these days. So, yes... our brunch was $30 and adding a $6 tip made it $36 - which isn't terrible, but considering I only had the grits and DH the burger...and coffee. I LOVE grits, but like anything - they have to be made right. These were unusual... lots of poblano pepper, bits of corn, and cheddar cheese!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, it looks yummy! That would be my kind of place. I'm glad you treated yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds about what we might pay around here for the same meal. Everything foodwise is just so expensive these days. Thanks for the great review, but since I'm nowhere nearby, I'll have to skip it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your posts, you have some really nice coffee shops around your place. I love cozy coffee shops (especially ones with a fireplace).

      Delete
  4. Brunch is one of my favorite dining out experiences. You are so right about everything being expensive now so eating out days have dwindled to a tiny trickle these days. But I like to cook in so we don't feel deprived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Olga. DH and I laugh when I see I can get GF pancakes at a restaurant for $18 a plate and yet I can make them at home everyday for probably 6 months at that price. And thankfully, I like to cook too.

      Delete
  5. I love brunch, and brunch all day would be to die for. If I ever again travel to Texas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, If you ever again travel to Texas... call me and we'll do brunch!

      Delete
  6. Gosh, that all looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The diversity of customers suggests that the food and service is great! I'm not sure I'd enjoy the burger - it seems foreign to me to add an egg but my son likes them that way. And I've never eaten grits in my life. How you can tell I'm a foreigner, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, adding an fried egg to hamburgers and BLT's is new... but popular. I get a BELT (bacon, egg, lettuce, and tomato) on occasion and it's really good. As for grits, guess it's mainly a Southern thing, but I do love grits (but like so many other things - they have to be cooked right).

      Delete
  8. That really does look wonderful. What a wonderful treat! As for the price of eating out, we have found that prices have really gone up at the fast and not fast food restaurants here in Hawaii too and our prices are higher than on the mainland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we were visiting our son on Oahu in 2019, we noticed how high the prices were for food (definitely more than here). So if our prices have gone up, I can only imagine how high yours must be. If the prices for housing and food wasn't so high there, our son and his wife would definitely move back there. They loved it (so did I).

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...