Well, I don't know about everyone, but my reading list is back... however, it doesn't just come back easily. It makes a long pause (like it's thinking about it - or looking for it) and then it either tells me there are no posts or it pulls them up. Sometimes I have to do it twice... weird??
And someone (a blogger, but can't remember who) said that they had a message saying that some of the past posts from years ago will be deleted. I can see the possible need for that... but hope they give us notice so we can maybe save them elsewhere.
Now for today. It's Sunday morning and although it's been a busy week and looks like an even busier week to come, in general it's all been good.
I had my permanent crown put on from my recent dental procedures, so I can go off 'soft' foods. And I had my very late annual eye checkup (due to the 5 eye surgeries in '26) this week. Good news! I don't have to change my glasses as I thought sure I would... as my eyesight in both eyes remains the same (mostly). Still gets a bit blurry in bad eye with tearing, but otherwise ok... and have some large floaters in both eyes that when they cross in front make the words I'm reading disappear for a few seconds (annoying, but acceptable).
Also celebrated our youngest son's birthday at a new restaurant not far from the house. It's called Wildwood. Food was good, atmosphere good, and in general, we will go back (a bit priacey - but where isn't these days). Didn't think to take pics - sorry. We did come home to cheesecake and bourbon whipping cream!
Ended the week with our dryer acting up. Clothes so hot on delicate setting that I couldn't touch them to take them out. Called vent service man and he cleaned out a ton of lint, but said even after, the dryer heated up way too hot - best to call an appliance service man - coming Monday.
Didn't get to walk all week... too hot outside (100 plus) and too busy to get to Senior Center until Saturday. We did walk there Saturday, but no coffee in cafeteria due to Saturday bingo.
Only 10 days left in September and October will be here. From there it's Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas! Can't think about that now... but looking forward to triple digits being gone.
Update on Critters: Noticed that the 2 feral cats (we call them Missy and Shadow) that hang around our back actually wait for each other to eat in the morning and evening. The food may be out... but if only one is there, he or she 'waits' for the other before going to it (something we hadn't noticed until recently).
They seem to like each other - it's obvious that Missy likes Shadow (though she is spayed and has her ear clipped), but Shadow is a bit standoffish and doesn't show his caring in obvious ways. But he does wait for her if she's not around before eating and puts up with her wanting to be near him (on occasion). He is kind of a loner.
![]() |
| Shadow |
| Missy under fern |
That's my week in a nutshell... nothing really exciting, but busy. Today I'm resting (very tired?), but all in all, it's been good. Hope yours was too.
(I know politically things are not good, and am willing to do what I can about that... but day to day life goes on and we have to deal with that too.)
Hugs (virtually),
Rian


Hi Rian, yep my list is back too and you're at the top of it! That's great news about the permanent crown, I still wish your one eye was better but if you can still see okay... I'm glad. Speaking of eyesight, have you ever heard more from DJan? She really seemed to disappear, I know her heart was broken. Anyway, please keep us posted on the dryer and I'm sorry about it being too hot for walking. Texas! Loved reading about the critters too. ๐๐งก๐
ReplyDeleteNo, Dug, I haven't heard anything from DJan... although I think about her a lot. I imagine she might have gone to live with her sister in Florida. With her eyesight problem, I would think that would be a help. If she stayed in her apartment, I was thinking that a seeing eye dog would be a possibility. But I don't know... wish we would hear something.
DeleteRian, I looked into that rumor of past posts being deleted. Google was referring to past BLOGS that have sat untouched for years. I would still hate to see that happen, remember Arkansas Patti? I still like to visit hers. I think as long as a blog shows activity, even just visits, it will remain online. ๐
Delete" I think as long as a blog shows activity, even just visits, it will remain online. ๐" That's a good thought! Hope you're right... and yes, I remember Arkansas Patti.
DeleteYay - you are back on my list too! Not all updating is shown on my bloglist, not sure why but I have hope! That dryer issue is concerning. I hope you can get a repair person quickly.
ReplyDeleteLife does go on, doesn't it.
Yes, it does, Miss Merry... at least it goes on until it doesn't... and until then, there are still every day things to deal with. So... we best enjoy it while we can, right?
DeleteGlad your dental situation is behind you. I've got something that needs addressing, and must find a new dentist, as soon as the new insurance situation is solved. Glad your eyesight is somewhat settled. I think I missed the chance this year to get my exam. Again insurance issues. I also miss hearing from DJan. Blogger is still listing your last post as a week ago on my blog list...so I'm glad I didn't believe it and clicked in to read this.
ReplyDeleteInsurance issues can be a pain. Good luck with that. And yes, I wish someone (her sister?) would do an update on DJan even if she isn't up to doing one herself. I continue to keep her in my prayers. As for blogger and it's recent issues, I just hope they work it all out. I really would miss sharing with blogger friends.
DeleteI miss Djan, too. I hope she is doing okay. I also wondered if she would move in with her sister or closeby.
ReplyDeleteGlad your dental issues are taken care of.
I have floaters, too, besides all the rest--lol!
My Blogger reader came back but buffers and buffers and does the same ting. Can take 2-3 times to see the new posts. I got an email from Blogger saying they were going to delete 14 videos from my blog. I'm not sure if that email is real or just spam.
Always love to hear about critters. :) :)
Have a really wonderful week.
Thanks, Rita. Maybe Djan will update us one day. It may just take time. But if not, I will continue to pray for her. I didn't get that email from blogger... but my iPhone is old and has been acting up lately too, so I may just have missed it. Wishing you a wonderful week also!
DeleteHappy to hear you are able to eat soft foods again. I can't imagine having a mostly liquid diet.
ReplyDeleteI did receive one of those e-mails from blogger. I had an older blog that no one has read in several years, but the e-mail referenced the photos not the posts themselves. It provided instructions for saving the blog elsewhere. Since I have all of the photos I ever posted, I wasn't too concerned. Hmmm.. now I'm wondering whether I ought to have kept the instructions. C'est la vie.
Mae, I didn't get that email from blogger... but my old iPhone has been acting strange lately - going black with no notice and not ringing when it should, etc. So, who knows.. I just hope blogger fixes it's glitches before people start switching.
Deleteoooooh yes, everything with blogger seems somewhat back in order. maybe just a little slow but i am slow too, so it works perfectly for me. blogger is a free service, that i am grateful for, so i just go with the flow. i have shared posts during that time that many people did not see and i was rarely included in the reading list. it's good to hear you are doing pretty well eating...i have done the liquid diet thing and may i please say it sucks!! shadow is a beautiful cat!! have a good weekend, we are preparing for the nor-easter that we MAY get....so we went to the bakery!! hehehe
ReplyDeleteDebbie, I'm slow too... always have been, so it's OK with me also. And yes, I'm back to eating normally... or normal as it is for me. Also yes, Shadow is a handsome boy. We believe he was one of the litters born in our yard, disappeared for a while, then returned and stayed. Here's hoping that nor-easter misses your area (or disappears completely). But I think a bakery visit is in order anyway!! : )
DeleteShadow is such a big beautiful cat. Wouldn't you love to hold him? Glad your eye problems are much better. Five surgeries this year was a lot! You sure handled it well. I still couldn't pull up my reading list this evening. ??
ReplyDeleteYes, Henny, I would love to hold Shadow... but that won't ever happen. He's always been a bit 'aloof'... which for a feral is probably a good thing. He trusts us... but always at a distance of a few feet. As for my eye... it's not the same, still teary, but I can see... and it isn't so red where they did the plastic surgery anymore. So, all's well. And it sometimes takes a few times to pull up the reading list here too.
Delete