Translate

Monday, July 22, 2013

New cookie recipe...

White chocolate coconut macadamia nut cookies


Yes, I'm baking again.  On DH's birthday (since we seldom give gifts these days), I picked up some new Lindt Chocolate bars. We always get the dark chocolate with sea salt, but this time I picked up a dark chocolate with sea salt and caramel as well as a white chocolate coconut.  Both are very good!

I'm not a white chocolate nor coconut lover, but I have to say that this white chocolate coconut is so buttery and flavorful that I decided to try using it as a base for white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. So this morning being the typical Monday morning... nothing special... I decided to cheer it up with my cookie try-out!  Needless to say, it was a success.  I only made half a recipe... so maybe just a little short of 2 dozen cookies.  Baked half of that and left the other half of the dough for tomorrow. So-oo good (even the dough is good).


new find: white coconut !


Another reason that this cookie try-out went over so well this morning is because I spent the better part of the morning paying and organizing bills.... (putting Medicare and Supplement papers together, etc.). So I think I needed a treat...





12 comments:

  1. I hear you about how satisfying it is to get things in order. And the cookies do look awfully tasty. Is that what I'm smelling? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do smell heavenly...

    I almost posted a picture of my *desk* - which is so cluttered with papers that it was imperative that I do something soon. But it was too embarrassing, so I posted the cookie picture instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little bit of paperwork certainly requires a treat. I thought, from the picture, I would not care for that cookie. Then I read the ingredients. Oh, yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would not normally be my choice either... as I LOVE dark chocolate. But this white choc with just the hint of coconut is something else.

      Delete
  4. I'd have eaten a dozen, easily, in one go. And felt ill for hours afterward. LOL. They look scrumptious.

    BTW, your desk can't possibly beat one that one of my co-workers. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Kim, I ate 3... which was a lot. They are very rich.

      I don't know about the desk. It may give your co-worker a run for their money. It's funny, as when I worked, my office desk was always neat... but home, it reflects my mind (cluttered).

      Delete
  5. You did need the cookies...organizing medicare papers and anything health related gives me a need for something sweet.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, Dee. A few cookies and tea... not too bad as vices go. And my desk is somewhat clear again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rian, I can just smell these cookies! This is something that I don't do for myself...bake! Well, I bake chicken and stuff like that, but never desserts! They sound divine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry I've not dropped by recently ....its over two weeks ...I have just had a great catch up ...those cookies sound yummy ...can you post the recipe please.
    I hope you sort your cable TV out ... I hate changing things as what sounds better, never is for me.I had an argument with a man one day, who was trying to make me change a gas provider ....He said angrily'dont you want to save money???'...'NO' said I and slamed the door.
    Now the confession as to why I've not been by ...I have got addicted to a stupid facebook game. I am sure it will ware off eventually.The good weather has been another distraction too ...now its due to rain every day for the next two weeks or so....I hope not as there are some days out planned for the boys and I have booked a couple of coach trip days for myself.
    Take Care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Angie. I will post the cookie recipe soon.

      I can understand your angst with the gas provider. Sometimes service people just don't get it. It's the same ol' "what about 'no' don't you understand?"

      And now I want to know what game on facebook are your addicted to? I'm not much of a game person myself... but curious just the same.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...