Translate

Monday, June 15, 2015

3 minutes of fame?


Well, a few blogs back ("Sunday morning layabouts"), I posted a pic of my cousin's cat, Kuchi, laying on the cat quilt I made for her. Well, it's time for Titan, another cousin's Yorkie, to get his 3 minutes of fame...




Titan on his doggie quilt


My cousin just sent this top pic to me. Isn't he adorable?  He's very small. I think I have another pic of him that shows his size better.



According to both cousins and a dear friend whose old dog was the first to get one of my doggie quilts, these sweet animals do seem to really like their quilts. I would be concerned that they are all just telling me this to be nice if it weren't for our own Tux (whom I also made a quilt) and who refuses to share it with the other house-hold cats. To be completely honest (although this is definitely not for Tux's ears), I made the quilt for all the cats to use and also to cover the tears in an old ottoman we have in the den. However, from the moment I put it down, Tux lay claim to it. If another cat lays on it, Tux will stand on the side of the ottoman and stare at the offending party until they finally gets the hint and leave... and then he reclaims it. 


"Mine!!"

and a few outside pics:


male and female cardinal at birdfeeder

huge turtle (10-12") making itself at home on back patio

And we finally saw one of our regular box turtles in the yard Saturday! We have about 5 or 6 that usually start showing up in May, so it seems they are running late this year. Maybe with all the rain, they decided to stay put... or if they were in or near the creek when the heavy rains came, I guess they could have got washed a long way down.

Well, got to go. Promised DH I'd make Snickerdoodles this afternoon.

10 comments:

  1. A snickerdoodle commitment is sacred!
    Funny how pets claim spots, or toys, or blinkies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sacred, Joanne... and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky animals to get those quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olga. Doing the small quilts gives me a lot of practice.

      Delete
  4. I love your pretty animal quilts and understand why Tux doesn't share his. I laughed at Titan's name when I realized how small he is. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is tiny, and very sweet. My cousin lost her husband last year and I think having Titan around has helped her a lot.

      Delete
  5. your quilts are perfect for the animals as they can be tossed in the washer if need be and they are a colorful comfort to the animals; is that a gopher tortoise ? he looks huge; that is a cool gourd bird feeder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Linda, we do toss them in the washer/dryer several times during the week...
    As for the tortoise, I'm not sure. We were thinking 'water turtle' since it has a lot of green slime on it's back and doesn't look like our box turtles. We do have a creek out back that it might have come in from...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the bird feeder that caught my eye. Now I wish we hadn't tossed all the gourds from last summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nana, my brother-in-law made this and sent it to us. The birds and squirrels really seem to like it.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...