Translate

Saturday, April 1, 2023

April 1st... and Rabbit Rabbit!


Rabbit Rabbit! White Rabbit!


and other critters...




This is a video my daughter sent me of one of their turtles inside the house. Apparently when the weather turns cold and nasty, the critters (rabbits, turtles, dogs, cats) can come inside. The chickens try to, but are only allowed on the porch... and the horses would love to... but they do have stalls.

She says that this turtle loves it inside... and explores everywhere.

Next is a few pics of my playing around with Origami... and is Kay's fault from Musings. She posted a video of how to do an Origami swan and of course, I had to try. Then I tried a frog... that hops. And then a rabbit that got way too complicated, so I gave up. I will say that I like the look of my swans, but  I love my hopping frog!




And we finally planted some new veggies in our trug garden:





The garden didn't do well last year... either due to late planting, too much heat, and/or not enough sun in the area. So, I'm trying again - a little earlier and with tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, and basil.  


And I'll close this ragtag post with a pic of some Easter teacakes I made recently to bring to my friend yesterday who is struggling with BC as well as a recently dislocated shoulder. We had a nice visit over coffee, snacks, and conversation.  



The teacake bunnies here would have had eyes, but I ran out of chocolate chips...







... virtual Easter hug!

Rian





21 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I love your origami and especially your frog. And those sayings at the end are still causing me to break out in grins. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love "Unique up on it" (reminds me of how my youngest used to talk as a baby)

      Delete
  2. i learned rabbit, rabbit from you!! the turtle is adorable, a slow mover for sure!! my garden did not do well last year either, i have been thinking about just growing flowers in it, for cutting and bringing in the house!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm giving my garden a 2nd chance... we'll see how it does. It certainly has all the goodies it needs, soil, compost, fertilizer, and coffee grounds. Good luck with yours!

      Delete
  3. Smiling. The animals rule here. I am yping one handed with a purring cat on my shoulder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like a purring cat on one's shoulder (or lap)...

      Delete
  4. Happy April, Rian, just a bit late. I'm wishing you and your family a happy Easter weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. Same to you. And I was so sorry to hear about your mom. Sending you loads of hugs and healing thoughts.

      Delete
  5. Now wonder where your daughter got her love for all creatures?? :) That is so sweet. I want that tiny white bunny! Your posts are always so enjoyable. Your teacakes are just beautiful. Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Henny. Happy Easter to you also. Someone from her work did take the little golden bunny (like yours). They love him and send pics of him to my daughter.

      Delete
  6. Love the fact that the critters get to come inside during bad weather. Hopefully have a bountiful garden this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope our garden does better this year. We'll see. The herbs generally do alright.

      Delete
  7. Not sure what a trug garden is , but I do love rabbits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabor, a veg trug is just the name of the wooden container the veg are in...

      Delete
  8. Rian, I was very impressed with your origami. That's the artist in you that needs to come out! Sorry for the delay in commenting, I always enjoy your blogs. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dug. I just did a Penguin... and he came out OK. Some are easy, some way too complicated. Hope you have a Happy Easter!

      Delete
  9. Really funny to see a turtle roaming the house. I saw a thing where you're supposed to tape the string/ribbon of a helium balloon to your pet turtle so you'll know where it is! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Balloon idea isn't a bad one, DM. I'll tell my daughter about it.

      Delete
  10. Dear Rina, I so enjoyed your Easter posting--the cookies! the turtle video (he goes faster than I would have thought) the garden, and the origami. Like you, the turtle just tickles my fancy. I hope all is well. You are in my thoughts and prayers as Spring tip-toes into Missouri. Take care and know that your presence on your blog delights so many of us! Peace from Dee and the cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee! Hope you had a Happy Easter! Always nice to hear from you. Just back from Easter in the Hill Country with my daughter's family. Will post some pics and videos with horses, turtles, bunnies, etc. soon.

      Delete
    2. Dear Rian, I'll so enjoy seeing photos from the Hill Country. I did have a happy Easter and I hope to blog about soon. Peace from Dee and the cats.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting! It makes my day...